Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

I dont know where you can get a rifle in the UK but try Allegro.pl you might find something.Theres also a company called lancer or lancier im not sure of the spelling.I really need to start posting pics of my collection soon.

Pawel B
    ?

Quote by pjm View Post
    Here's a 1935 Polish Medical Corps folding lantern for a candle
    I love that lantern! I know that it is a medical item, but. for someone who re-enacts the Polish army of 1939, one of those would look just the part to light a camp up a little at night! Do they come up for sale that often - or is it the sort of item that could be reproduced for re-enactors?

3mk
    ?

I dont think they come up for sale that often since its the first time ive seen one!Hmm i bet most of them are in old barns or in attics just waiting to be found!

3mk
    ?

Does anyone know who supplied the Polish uniforms for the movie Katyn?

pjm
    ?

The lantern is one of my favorite pieces. I collected Polish militaria in the late 80's and early 90's and managed to get some interesting pieces. I got hooked when I found a complete General Staff Lt Colonel's uniform from cap to boots at a Polish fleamarket circa 1989.

I found a Polish Legion Ulanka complete with an Austrian issue cavalry belt and the czapka cords at a militaria show in Cleveland and a few months later got essentially the matching cap...slightly later vintage... in a Krakow antique shop.

I had some great 2nd corps exile uniforms but sold most of them over the years.

3mk
    ?

Was the General Staff uniform ww2?If so for how much?Can you post a photo of this and the Polish legion uniform?
    Thanks

pjm
    ?

I'll take some photos of both and post. The General Staff officer is a wz 35 rogatywka, mundir, breeches and boots. There were medals and badges with the group that may or may not belong to the same officer as well and I got all for $500 around 1989. The vendor had it all on a 1930's mannequin but I couldn't take that along...we were travelling by train. When I tried to get a reduced price because I didn't take the mannequin, the vendor resisted saying the mannequin was gratis.

The ulanka is interesting because it comes with a detachable field grey collar (with zig-zag) that snaps on over the red collar. The Ulanka can be buttoned in front to show either the red rabatt front or field grey depending on field or dress use.

3mk
    ?

Im jelouse

Oh and where was the flea market where you bought the general staff uniform?

3mk
    ?

Guys heres a nice site for reenactors there Polish gears cheap wz 31/50 helmets $7.00
    Wz 31 shell $33
    Dredlich tunic $60

here my polish helmet, german soldier booty from september 1939
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast