Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 58 of 74 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

zet
    ?

Default Re: Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Hi i will make a new thread in pre war section.Thank You for a kind words but Im not an expert or a wise colector just a guy who collected daggers a few years.Ive had a nice daggers collection but i had to sell them to my health problems.Unfortunatelly I cant sell my Polish daggers they are too close to my heart.Attachment 355862 anyway sorry for my english Ted

Ted, sorry to hear about your health problems. Hope you get well soon. And no worries at all with your English writing skills. Your comments are clearly understood.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Ted Great collection. Sorry to hear about your health problems. Hope you get well soon.

?

Hello There,This is the only piece of polish militaria i have in my collection .Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

sheilab
    ?

very ineteresting the KOP bracelet-my grandfather major Hipolit Wojciechowski was commandent of Czortkow KOP.

Hello Sheila,

And welcome to the Forum, I have been able to find the following information on your Grandfather from the Rocznik Oficerski (Polish Officers Yearbooks).

Your Grandfather Hiploit Wojciechowski was born on the 7th May 1894 in Nowa which was in the Ukraine part of the Russian Empire,

Rocznik Oficerski 1923, Pages: 149, 406,1510.

Page 149: Kapitan (Captain) Hipolit Wojciechowski KW (Krzyz Walecznych / Cross of Valour) 9ppLeg. (9th Legion Infantry Regiment)

Page 406: Kapitan Seniority from the 1st June 1919, listed as Entry Number 175.

Page 1510: Attached to the Officer Cadets School at Bydgoszcz.

Rocznik Oficerski 1924, Pages:145, 350.

Page 145: Major Hipolit Wojciechowski KW now with the 10pp (10th Infantry Regiment) in Command of the 1st Battalion.

Page 350: Entry Number 52 Major with Seniority from the 15th August 1924.

Rocznik Oficerski 1928, Pages: 23, 174.

Page 34: Major Hipolit Wojciechowski KW, 18 Pulk Piechoty (18th Infantry Regiment)

Page 174: Entry Number 43 with Seniority from 15th August 1924.

Rocznik Oficerski 1932, Pages: 26, 512.

Page 26: Major Hipolit Wojciechowski KW, ZKZ, (Zloty Krzyz Zaslugi / Gold Cross of Merit), Entry Number 11 with Seniority from 15th August 1924.

Page 512: Major (piechoty / Infantry) Hiploit Wojciechowski KW ZKZ, Officer Commanding the Military District of Czortkow.

Major Hiploit Wojciechowski Army Number during World War 2 was : 1894-88-IIII, he died on the 2nd August 1945 and was buried in the British War Cemetery at Kantara in Egypt in Plot Nr: II, Row C grave number: 9.

I have attached a small photo of your Grandfathers Grave,

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Thats all the information that I could find on your Grandfather Sheila, I hope that it is of some use and help.

Best wishes

Andrzej
    Attached Images Attached Images Lets see your Polish Militaria Display! 

Quote by sheilab View Post
    very ineteresting the KOP bracelet-my grandfather major Hipolit Wojciechowski was commandent of Czortkow KOP.
    Glad you like it. Sounds like your grandfather was my grandfather's predecessor in this post. It's kind of funny how things fit together...

These are some of my Polish Medals. My Dad brought them back from Poland about ten years ago. Unfortunately my normal collecting area is British and Commonwealth, so I have no idea what they are. Can anyone identify them?

Thanks

Ed

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

marks65
    ?

hi, from left to right. Order of Polonia Restituta (several versions - is the eagle crowned ?), Partisan Cross - instituted in 1945, Medal for Victory and Freedom, Medal of Merit for Forestry and Park Service,Medal for Warsaw - established 1945.

Regards Marek

Marek

Thanks for identifying them, the Order of Polonia Restitutia doesn't have a crown on the eagle, I take it this means its communist era?

Thanks

Ed

Page 58 of 74 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 ... LastLast