Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 59 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 69 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

Default Re: Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Quote by Warspite View Post
    the Order of Polonia Restitutia doesn't have a crown on the eagle, I take it this means its communist era?
    Correct
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Rick
    Do you by any chance know where she lived in Australia?

Michal

Default Some of my Medals

Hi Guys
    I framed some of my medals, in a modified IKEA frame, so they are behind glass. Aiming to have just pre '39 medals here. But for now the Pol Res Knights is a after 44 and I'm not sure about the date for the bravery crosses. The cross on the left has the cut slots, flat back and original clip ribbon (pre 39?), ctr has a recess dome in the back and original ribbon, the one on the right looks to be an after war, I think it was a silvered cross, has a flat back. Any help appreciated. Don't have original ribbon on the Pilsudzki 10yr independence medal.

Hope you like it.

Michal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Very nice collection.

Michal, your display coming along well. I’ve used Ikea frames for displaying parts of my collection as well. Cheap, and easy to modify to suit my needs.

The “bravery” crosses are actually called the Cross of Merit, which is for meritorious service rather than military gallantry. The bronze cross on the left is very probably pre-WW2 and appears to have its ribbon on backwards. The crosses with the indented reverse are often of Soviet production and post war Polish production. Crosses without the cut out rays are typically post war, although that’s not always the case. Thanks for sharing your growing collection with us

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Default Polish Technical School

Haven't really mounted these up but I thought I would share them with the troops.

Osrodek Szkol Tech. Millom

Full size and mini

'Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

cheers,
    Piwo

GFC
    ?

Default UWAGA ! UWAGA ! <> Hey Guy !

get rid of the plastic foam, and get something acid neutral.

I had some items in styrene boxes - medal size with a foam backing

The items that I had wool salvaged from uniforms behind the item did OK - the items on foam were DISASTROUSLY CORRODED with VERTIGRIS

acid neutral foam, polyester batting, with cloth behind will help

Piwo, super badge - many thanks for posting. One of the real rare ones, and to see a full size and miniature pairing it a real treat. I've copied your post to the PSZ badge thread as this is a must for inclusion there.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Default Polish Second Corps Trench art vase

Another piece I picked up years ago. As found.uncleaned or polished.

Piwo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

?

Default Polish Vase close-up

Here is a better view of the engraving.

Thanks for looking.
    Piwo

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Page 59 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 69 ... LastLast