Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

harry72
    ?

Default Re: Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

nice "salamandra" camo

?

Thumbs up

Nice for display

3mk
    ?

That salamandra helmet looks like it hasnt been tocuhed since 1939!

Does anyone know what type of bayonets were used by the Polish army in 1918-1922

Great topic 3mk!

Ade, congratulations on a fantastic score with the plastic cigarette case. Unbelievable price, and beautiful item! It’s only the fourth one like it that I’ve seen. Two of those I’ve owned, but am now down to the one pictured below.

To shed a little more light on the history of these . . . these cases were actually made by one or more enterprising soldiers of the Polish Second Corps following the liberation of a harmonica factory during their march up the Italian boot in 1944. Upon discovering a supply of the celluloid used in harmonica manufacture a resourceful soldier came up with the idea of using it to fashion some uniform insignia, which was in perpetually short supply for the Poles. All manner of insignia were produced ranging from shoulder titles to hat eagles. This plastic insignia along with related items such as these cigarette cases have now become quite sought after by collectors. I assure you that your case is worth a pretty penny more than what you paid. Well done!

Over to besslien – awesome wz.31 you have there!! My wz.31 (here) is also a September Campaign souvenir, although it served double duty as a souvenir. A US GI repossessed it from its German owner in 1945 and brought it home to the States.

Now to pjm . . . Well hello again Paul. Nice items you’ve posted here. By the way, did you ever receive that Knedler spinner I mailed you in good faith over a year ago to test fit onto to your badge? You were to purchase it or return if it did not fit – but instead mysteriously vanished without a word. I’ll send you a PM.

Lastly, I’ll post some ‘display’ pics shortly.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

My home office den - aka my cave - is on the small side and space is limited. But I am grateful to have the space nonetheless as my lovely wife gives me free reign to exercise my interior decorating skills here providing I strictly stay away from the rest of the house! I enjoy having things out on display surrounding me while I regenerate after a hectic day, and have framed up all of the various displays myself. Over the years the walls and shelves have filled up with stuff to the point that I’m now out of space. So sadly my closet has had to hold the overflow of everything from uniforms and headwear to period posters, etc.

My apologies as the pics aren’t of the best quality and don’t show everything, but they give you an idea.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  
    Last edited by A.J. Zawadzki; 03-05-2012 at 02:24 AM.

For some reason this room pic didn't make it into the batch.

And while I'm at it I'll include a rare poster I recently picked up to add to my collection of original wartime posters. A wonderful image by famed Polish artist W.T. Benda.

Also, greatcoats were being discussed earlier in the thread. Here's one I acquired three weeks ago. Lance Sergeant Supply and Transport, 1st Polish Armoured Division.

T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Hi Tony, that is fantastic info! I had heard of the Polish plastic insignia before but not the background to the story. Great!

You have lots of eye candy there to look at! I have got to get off to work so I will have another drool at it tonight.

Cheers, Ade.

3mk
    ?

I think thats the best collection ive ever seen!

Whats your favorite item in your collection?

One last question on the glass shelf with rogatywka cap and what looks like a calavary cap with a yellow band,Theres a black cap at the bottom just on top of the British helmet, what kind of cap is it?

Thanks!

DaveC
    ?

I'm hoping there's someone who frequests these pages that might be able to help. I'm collecting the medals and badges awarded to my grandfather, and creating a shadow box display for my father who has been lamenting for years that he doesn't have the medals my grandfather was buried with. As I'm almost finished the collecting part, I've run into a problem: how do I mount them? What do I attach them to? I'll try to attach a photo of where I'm at now (but without the 3 articles I've received since I took the photo)

Any assistance would be immensely appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

3mk
    ?

Is there a framing company any where you live?A friend of mine got his done there and the result is amazing!But its kind of pricey just to frame something it costed him $150 but the result is truely amazing.
    You must be proud of your Grandfather.

Does anyone on here use Allegro.pl my Polish isnt the greatest and i need help.Can anyone tell me the payment forms that you can use on allegro?
    Thank you

Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast