Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

Hello Andrzej,

Thank you kindly for your comment, due to technical difficulties with the scanner, please find attached mobile photos below (sorry for poor quality) Again, please let us know about the Pilots shown, if you don't mind. I really appreciate it. Thank you

Regards
    A.S.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Hello Alex,

many thanks for posting the photographs of 317 Squadron, in the 1st photograph I have been able to identify the following:

Group photograph after D.F.M. award ceremony from left to right:

1) Por.pil Stanislaw Bochniak

2) Por.pil Marian Trzebinski

3) Unknown R.A.F. Officer

4) Kpt.pil Stanislaw Brzezina Commanding Officer 317 Fighter Squadron

5) Not Known

6) Sierz.pil. Michal Miroslaw Maciejowski D.F.M.

7) Not Known

8) Not Known

9) Kpt.pil. Antoni Wczelik Commanding "A" Flight

10) Por.pil. Stanislaw Lukaszewicz ? (not sure on this one)

Thats all for the first photograph Alex.

I hope that it helps you and many thanks for posting them

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello again Alex

The other 4 photographs relate to the visit to RAF Exeter and 317 Squadron on the 11th November 1941

President Wladyslaw Raczkiewicz being welcomed to RAF Exeter and 317 Squadron by Major.pil Stanislaw Brzezina with an unknown RAF Air Vice Marshall and General Stanislaw Ujejski.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello once more Alex,

The third photograph shows President Raczkiewicz along with Major.pil. Stanislaw Brzezina being greeted by an unidentified officer from the Squadron.

From left to right :

1) President Raczkiewicz Military ADC

2) Unknown R.A.F. Air Vice Marshall

3) Major.pil. Stanislaw Brzezina

4) President of Poland Wladyslaw Raczkiewicz

5) Unknown Officer

6) Unknown Officer

The fourth photograph shows Major Stanislaw Brzezina with Kpt.pil Henryk Szczesny the commanding officer of 317 Squadron after the award ceremony watching the squadron march past.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Andrzej, I want to say a massive thank you for your help! I honestly really appreciate it.

Regards
    A.S.

CQE
    ?

Here is my first contribution to the Polish militaria.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  
    Last edited by CQE; 12-07-2015 at 10:04 PM.

Greetings and welcome to the forum. And thanks for becoming a club member

You have some very desirable items in your collection. I see a focus developing on the Polish forces stationed in France and also on the early post war Polish guard units. One small thing I need to mention though is that the badge with the dragon and red and white checkerboard directly below the European Confederation for Former Combatants Cross is not Polish. It is actually that of the 1st Vietnamese Dragoon Regiment. This badge was erroneously included in a well known and influential Polish badge and decoration catalogue published 30 years ago. Don't feel bad though as I and many others were led to believe at one time that this was a badge issued to the Polish Air Force in France 1940. In fact, it was on this forum that I learned otherwise. Once again, welcome aboard and thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

CQE
    ?

Default G.B.

Thank you, Tony.
    I'll live it like it is so other members (or Vietnam Veterans) can benefit from this knowledge.

Next is coming my Great Britain's display.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

CQE
    ?

Polish WW2 documented group to Cpl Pawel Zelke/Gromski 2. Armoured Rgt of 1. Polish Armoured Division.

Interesting to note he used an Alias name whilst serving...Worried about his family still in Poland?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Last edited by CQE; 12-10-2015 at 05:09 PM.

CQE
    ?

More of this Researchable Group.

Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 ... LastLast