Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 65 of 74 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

Great pictures. In the last picture, two guys on the left, look at their leg there appears to be something shiny there. Could be F-S knife ?

?

I didnt notice that, will scan it again to get a closer look, here are three more, thats about itLets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

CQE
    ?

Default 3 dsk

3 DYWIZJA STRZELCOW KARPACKICH (3 DSK)
    The 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division and more - from my collection.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

CQE
    ?

Andrzejku98,

could you be so kind and find some info on Bielen Stanislaw, MC # 2 777. Family...

Thanks in advance,
    Jurek

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  
    Last edited by CQE; 01-29-2016 at 01:53 AM.

Hello Jurek,

Many thanks for your post when awarded the Monte Cassino Cross the Recipients details were as follows:

Surname: Bielen

Christian Name: Stanislaw

Date of Birth: 1901

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1901-42-III

Unit: 13 Kompania Zaopatrywania i Transport

Stanislaw Bielen ended the war as a Sierzant (Sergeant) in the 18 Kompania Zaopatrywania, thats all that I could find except the following which I gleaned from the internet.

If this is the same person a Stanislaw Bielen left Southampton aboard the Queen Mary on the 7th April 1951 destination New York.

This Stanislaw Bielen became a US Citizen on the 23rd October 1959, he was married to a Bronislawa Burczyk (born 1st September 1906), Bronislawa Bielen died on the 4th March 1981 and is buried in St John's Cemetery, Conneticut. Stanislaw died on the 17th December 1989 whilst living at 35 Lennox Avenue, Stamford, Conneticut.

That is all that I could find hope that it is the right person, if not please accept my apologies.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

last three from the group, first possibly in Scotland? the guard in the foreground sports polish insignia on his helmet, second a bypassed german pak 36 and lastly this could possibly be xmas celebrations 1945, I tried to make a closer scan of the pocket detail from the fellows around the aircraft to see what they are carrying in their trouser pocket, though the detail is not too clear, in hand it does appear they could be FS knives, but the scan does not pick up the detail, though can see a 1st pattern smock, and appear also the tails have been removed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Attached Images Attached Images Lets see your Polish Militaria Display! 

CQE
    ?

Andrzej, thank you very much!

That's the same Dziadek, Stanislaw Bieleń who went through Ellis Island.

Is it possible to reconstruct little bit of his military life (II RP) from enclosed photos?
    2nd photo is dated Lida 19/XII.1921 - he is standing - RT.
    On 3rd photo (all standing) he is in the middle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  
    Last edited by CQE; 01-29-2016 at 08:27 PM.

Hello
    Could you also show back of the para badge?
    Thank you.
    Rafal

Quote by JohnF View Post
    last three from the group, first possibly in Scotland? the guard in the foreground sports polish insignia on his helmet, second a bypassed german pak 36 and lastly this could possibly be xmas celebrations 1945, I tried to make a closer scan of the pocket detail from the fellows around the aircraft to see what they are carrying in their trouser pocket, though the detail is not too clear, in hand it does appear they could be FS knives, but the scan does not pick up the detail, though can see a 1st pattern smock, and appear also the tails have been removed

CQE
    ?

Andrzejku98,

I have a few insignias of STANISLAW BURCZYK (family). He was recipient of MC Cross. After war lived in London, Canada.
    Could you be so kind, again and find some info about him.

Best regards,
    Jurek

Hello Jurek,

Many thanks for your post, luckily there were only 2 Stanislaw Burczyk's awarded the MCC and from the Engineers Badge I found the correct one.

When awarded the MCC His details were as follows:

Surname: BURCZYK

Christian Name: STANISLAW

Date of Birth: 1916

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered: 25264

Unit: Dowodztwo Saperow 5KDP ( 5th Kresowa Division Engineers)

Fathers Name: WINCENTY

Stanislaw was a pre war soldier, therefore if you contact the Army Records Centre at Rembertow near Warsaw, they might be able to provide you with a copy of his service record pre 1939.

He was captured by the russians in Tarnopol on the 17th September 1939 and after being freed after the germans invaded russia in 1941, he joined the Ander's Army at Tatiszcewo on the 4th September 1941.

The only other information that I could glean was that whilst living in London, Ontario between 1995-2002 he lived at 393 Thiel Street, London, Ontario, NSW-4P7.

Stanislaw died in 2004 aged 87, his death was registered in Toronto.

That is all that I could find for you, I sincerely hope that it is of some use and help to you Jurek and my bill is in the post to you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Page 65 of 74 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast