Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

Greetings all,

Here in Canada it's the Victoria Day long weekend commemorating Queen Victoria's birthday May 24th and the first long weekend of the warmer season ahead. True to form, out here on the west coast it was cloudy and cool with some rain. Such is the case this holiday Monday which has me inside in front of the computer rather than out on the new motorcycle as originally planned.

This weekend also sees a commemoration of the Battle of Monte Cassino at our "SPK" Polish Combatants Association hall. This year I was asked to participate by displaying some of my collection of Polish Armed Forces in the West items. The evening involved some brief speeches, and a viewing of the 1946 classic film Wielka Droga, ("The Great Way"), containing original wartime footage of the Polish 2nd Corps and its march from Poland through Siberia and the Middle East to Italy.

Some pics from the evening (click on them to magnify). The SPK building on Kingsway in Vancouver:

Speaker Krzysztof Olendzki, Consul General of Poland in Vancouver:

Some of the audience taking in the event:

Some snapshots of the display taken right after set up. The PSZ eagle display on the white card is a friend's contribution:

The highlight of the evening was spending some time with a veteran of the battle, Lt. Henryk Radziszewski, recipient of the Cross of Valour. 97 years young and going strong. Ever witty, and sharp as a tack. Sadly, he is one of the last survivors of that generation, and was the only veteran able to attend the event.

Finally, starting the load up for the trip home:

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Tony
    Your effort is great and much appreciated!

This is the real work that does volume to promote Polish History and links relevant artefacts with real people – both, who witnessed the momentous events and, who are much younger!
    Bravo!!!!

A

Hi Artur, many thanks for your kind words. Although promoting Polish history wasn’t really necessary to the “grey haired” crowd in attendance that evening! The trick is to get the younger generations interested. Not easy. I have firsthand experience with my own three kids in this regard.

But we continue to try - and to that end there is an opportunity this coming Sunday May 30th. My hometown of Port Coquitlam is hosting the 11th Annual Polish Culture and Heritage Day. Several chaps from our collectors club will again be in attendance to display a selection of Polish coins, stamps, and militaria. We have all ages come over to the tables asking questions, and it's always a fun time. Come one come all – everyone is welcome. Polish music, dance, tasty traditional food, which of course will be washed down with piwo I’ll be sure to post some pics after the weekend.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hello,
    Great exhibition and great meeting with the veteran.
    Congratulations ! Thank you for this post.
    Best regards.
    ZP

?

Truly a jaw-dropping collection A.J. and great job promoting Polish culture in Canada. I've been doing the same when living in Ottawa. Didn't have any artefacts other than few bottles of "żubrówka" back then though

Meeting real war time heroes and listening to their stories is the best part of this hobby. I am lucky enough to know one WW2 veteran who is also a militaria collector and a weapon expert for Museums here in Warsaw. He is almost 90 and one of the most sharp and cheerful people I ever met.

So far my own small (but growing) collection is only sufficient for a home display, but enough to get people interested.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Hello!
    It is great to see the bush jacket which i sold in your hands! Good looking collection

Best Regards

?

Hello Michał, indeed it's the same one. I am happy we managed to identify it's first owner.
    By the way - I hope you still keep those 2nd Corps patches for me

Very comprehensive and interesting display Tony.
    Enviable collection of Fairbairn Sykes Fighting Knives. My uncle (Polish Troop, 10 Inter Allied Commando) sadly gave his Achnacarry issued FS to a young neighbour of his who'd joined the RAF before he knew that I'd successfully passed Commando Training Centre at Lympstone - ah well, got my Green lid and had a couple of shots of Polish Spirit with the old boy!

Welcome aboard Paddy, and thanks for your kind words .

Ever considered tracking down that fellow who was the lucky recipient of your uncle's F-S?

Cheers,
    Tony

Hi.
    I'm very glad to be a member of this forum.

Andrzejku98,

could you be so kind and find some info about two owners of MCC :30574,48703.

I expect one of them should be Kazimierz Jena...

Thanks in advance!

Is it possible to find name of owners for this badges:

Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast