Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

Default Re: Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Its a shame to see how British,German,American and Canadian militaria is mostly cheap and how Polish militaria is so expensive.The only more organized and bigger collection i can think of is a museum but i have to say yours is organized.Finding a pre-war Radom Vis pistol in Canada!Where did you find it!
    Thanks for telling me about the what kind of cap that is.
    From everything I’ve been hearing, the value of WW2 militaria has remained strong despite the global economic doldrums. There are seemingly always interested buyers prepared to pay a premium for genuine ‘blue chip’ militaria. I only wish I had put more money into this hobby than into my mutual funds . . . I’d be way farther ahead!

Re my wz.35 Vis “Radom”, it’s a 1939 dated late production one that I purchased privately. I also have an occupation made example – a mid war Type III from about 1943.

I’ll strive to send pics of these, and better ones of the Air Force cap when back at home later this evening.

Cheers,
    Tony

DaveC
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Dave, welcome to the forum!

Do you actually want the medals mounted like they were for wearing? If so, I don't know where you can get this done in Canada, as I am in the UK, but there are several places in the UK which offer this service. I am sure military tailors would offer this service?

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks for the welcome, and for the great idea. After a quick internet search, I happened upon a service right in the neighbourhood. I also learned the difference between court and swing mounting!!

THANKS!!

3mk
    ?

Thanks!
    But ive noticed the militaria in Poland is a whole lot cheaper!
    Im thinking about starting to use allegro due to the prices i see pre-war Polish bayonets going for 40 zl!

pjm
    ?

The fleamarket was in Wroslaw when it was still located at the Jahrhunderthalle.

Here are some images of the Ulanka.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!   Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!  

3mk
    ?

I want that cap so much it almost brings a tear to my eye when i look at it lol

Great find!The cap was probebly also used in the Polish-bolshevic war judging because of the eagle.

Now shall we move on to the general staff uniform

Quote by DaveC View Post
    I'm hoping there's someone who frequests these pages that might be able to help. I'm collecting the medals and badges awarded to my grandfather, and creating a shadow box display for my father who has been lamenting for years that he doesn't have the medals my grandfather was buried with. As I'm almost finished the collecting part, I've run into a problem: how do I mount them? What do I attach them to? I'll try to attach a photo of where I'm at now (but without the 3 articles I've received since I took the photo)

Any assistance would be immensely appreciated!
    It super to see that you are preparing such a tribute to your grandfather and father! It speaks very highly of you to preserve the memory of your grandfather’s service in WW2. I, and most other participants on this thread I’m sure, would very much like to hear more about your grandfather. I can see that he served in the 2nd Warsaw Armoured Division. My father did as well.

3mk’s suggestion of having the items professionally framed is sound. Although you will pay at least the $150 mentioned, the results will probably be spectacular and do full justice to his items.

With a little time and effort you can also tackle the project yourself – which it seems from your post you are inclined to do. I very much enjoy creating my own displays – everything from building the frame through to the matting. Very quickly, I have mounted several sets of decorations and my preferred method is to use a heavy cardboard as the backing. Over this I apply khaki green fabric taken from old uniforms. The decorations are fastened on using wire and fishing line. Be sure to mount the medals in their correct order. I will be happy to show you some close up pics if you’d like.

Please keep us posted on the progress of your project!

Regards,
    Tony

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Thanks!
    But ive noticed the militaria in Poland is a whole lot cheaper!
    Im thinking about starting to use allegro due to the prices i see pre-war Polish bayonets going for 40 zl!
    Look again my friend! The prices USED to be cheaper, but those days are long gone. If anything, the prices on Allegro now exceed ebay across the board.

To very important things to consider before buying on Allegro:

1) Watch out for fakes. The quality of reproductions is at an all time high. Some of the new stuff is so good that only a direct side by side comparison to a genuine item will reveal the copy.

2) It is illegal to ship items from pre-1956 vintage out of the country. Your items will be permanently confiscated, and the sender will be prosecuted. Take it from me, I am speaking from painful experience here.

T.

3mk
    ?

I may wrong about $150 but i dont remember,
    About making your own displays that gives me an idea!

pjm
    ?

Right, the Ulanka is 1916 era and the hat 1919-21.

The cap has a very faded stamp inside. The other numbers are probably inventory notation.

I'll add more photos soon.

3mk
    ?

Ive been studying pictures of badges and medals closly and if im in doubt i send a picture to Professor Zdzislaw Wesolowski he always identyfies if its a fake or real.Thanks about reminding me about the law!But i can always ship it to Grandmas
    About the prices you just need to dig hard and look in weird places instead of looking at pre-1939 uniforms on allegro i went on the communists ones and youll be suprised when you see a couple of pre war rogatywki and uniforms and most of the time no ones bidding on them cause they`ll think its a surplus communist times uniform

And can anyone tell me whats the name of the cap and what version it is?

Thanks

Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast