Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 ... LastLast

Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Article about: Beautiful displays, you have just raised the level of display quality. For me it is going back to make maybe new display. I love your 2KW, and VM.

Default Re: Lets see your Polish Militaria Display!

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Ive been studying pictures of badges and medals closly and if im in doubt i send a picture to Professor Zdzislaw Wesolowski he always identyfies if its a fake or real.Thanks about reminding me about the law!But i can always ship it to Grandmas
    … on allegro i went on the communists ones and youll be suprised when you see a couple of pre war rogatywki and uniforms and most of the time no ones bidding on them cause they`ll think its a surplus communist times uniform
    Let’s just say always try to get more than one opinion. Even Professor’s are known to make mistakes. I’ll limit comments to that.

Re supposed pre-war rogatywki mixed in with the post war commie stuff on Allegro, more often than not you’ll find post war rogatywki mixed in with the pre-war items. It’s not a stretch to suggest that 95% of the rogatywka caps being offered as pre-war are in fact early post war. So be very careful before shelling out big bucks.

Lastly, re your Grandmother, the cops over there don’t play favourites. A friend’s mother was arrested for sending out a hat eagle badge. They are very serious about the exportation of “cultural treasures”. You are forwarned!

Regards,
    T.

3mk
    ?

I cant argue with you, you win

Sorry i worded it wrong i would pay for the item here from Canada but it would be sent to my Grandmothers.
    Thank you so much about reminding me about the rule my Aunt wants to send me a pre-war rogatywka that she bought for me and getting in lost would be a crisis for me :S

Quote by 3mk View Post
    . . . Thank you so much about reminding me about the rule my Aunt wants to send me a pre-war rogatywka that she bought for me and getting in lost would be a crisis for me :S
    It’s common practice to circumvent the export laws by taking advantage of the ‘open border’ EU situation where you can sail through without being stopped by border officials. Sellers based in Poland such as “plmilitary” drive out of the country and mail their items abroad from there. In his case he drives across the border to Slovakia. He plainly states this in his ebay auctions.

So despite the strict rules forbidding export of these things, there is this huge loophole that is being exploited. It all seems rather foolish.

Please post some pics of your rogatywka if you have them, or when it arrives.

T.

3mk
    ?

I will but ill probebly get it this summer while visiting.

Also do you know if the Poles fighting in North Africa and Italy used such tunics or did they just use the battledress?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images Lets see your Polish Militaria Display! 

?

I'll 2nd that Tony ...
    He certainly has some quite varied and "unusual" views towards the variety and variations of the Parachute badge .. considering there were only two legitimate manufacturers !
    .. But there again, I'm not a professor !

Gary J.

[QUOTE=A.J. Zawadzki;41762]Let’s just say always try to get more than one opinion. Even Professor’s are known to make mistakes. I’ll limit comments to that.

Quote by Polski44 View Post
    I'll 2nd that Tony ...
    He certainly has some quite varied and "unusual" views towards the variety and variations of the Parachute badge .. considering there were only two legitimate manufacturers !
    .. But there again, I'm not a professor !

Gary J.
    Hey Gary,

As you and any other serious collectors of Polish militaria over the past decade or two know, those “varied and unusual views” are not strictly limited to the 1SBS para badges! But who am I to speak? I ain’t no professor either. Say no more . . .

Regards,
    Tony

3mk
    ?

Hello does anyone have a original Polish pre-war screw back eagle or a cloth eagle they would like to sell or trade?I need one to attach to my furazerka.
    Thanks

DaveC
    ?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    It super to see that you are preparing such a tribute to your grandfather and father! It speaks very highly of you to preserve the memory of your grandfather’s service in WW2. I, and most other participants on this thread I’m sure, would very much like to hear more about your grandfather. I can see that he served in the 2nd Warsaw Armoured Division. My father did as well.
    Tony,

Thank you for your kind words, however I disagree. My actions say nothing more about me than my attempt to preserve the memory of what my grandfather accomplished. I'm doing nothing more than placing them in a handsome box. He earned, lived and died for them. It says so much more for him, since he's lived the words engraved at one of his battlegrounds: "MY ZOLNIERZE POLSCY ODDALISMY-BOGU DUCHA, ZIEMI WLOSKIEJ CIALO, A SERCA, POLSCE"

And I thank you for your tips on how to mount them.

D

3mk
    ?

Hope everything works out great on mounting them,After you mount them please post a picture so we can how great it will look.Do you have any stories of your Grandfather and how he got to Britain to join the 2nd Warsaw Armored Division?
    Thanks

Hi again Dave,

Of course, I understand what you mean. But from my perspective you do deserve credit for taking the time and effort to assemble a set of decorations and mementoes to preserve the memory of your grandfather’s service, and equally so as this is a gift for your father. A very considerate gesture on your part.

Again, please keep us posted on how this project comes along.

Cheers,
    Tony

Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 ... LastLast