Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Looking for confirmation of Virtuti Militari .....

Article about: Thanks Tom.

Default Re: Looking for confirmation of Virtuti Militari .....

Thanks Tom.

You're welcome Chris.
    Regards,
    Tom

Just found this website listing all recipients, as I did a search for my family and one of my great uncles received it.

Paid the £3.20 just to print of the Confirmation, have a week's access if anyone's interested. Although it doesn't show rank, cross serial no or the actual date.

It's still a comprehensive list compiled by Z Wesolowski, author of 'The Polish Order of the Virtuti Militari and its Cavaliers' and FEEFHS member.
    Last edited by stefanr; 06-13-2011 at 01:05 PM.

In my opinion the best way to confirm is to ask the Chapter of the VM Order for confirmation. I've seen the list of VM reciepients used by the Chapter. The Polish Armed Forces soldiers are included as according to my knowledge the list contains the London-based exile Chapter data.
    The Chancellery of the President provides help for the Chapter so you should ask in Biuro Kadr i Odznaczeń for information.
    The correspondence address is no doubtfully the address of the Chancellery:
    Kapituła Orderu Wojennego Virtuti Militari
    ul. Wiejska 10 00-902 Warszawa.

Regards,
    Tom

Does anyone know about a list of VM recipients complied by a Col.. Ing. Antoni Grudzinski? Is this Col. Grudzinski the same officer that was the deputy commander of 10th Armoured Cavalry Brigade in September 1944?

Did the post communist Polish government or the exile government issue VMs to Polish soldiers much later? I know that the post communist government did award newly instituted medals to Polish soldiers in the West during the 1990's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2