Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for information about great-grandfather !

Article about: Hello to everyone ! I've found an information about my great-grandfather's brother on this forum, so I'm kindly asking to help me if you only can. Info from warrelics about great-grandfather

Question Looking for information about great-grandfather !

Hello to everyone !

I've found an information about my great-grandfather's brother on this forum, so I'm kindly asking to help me if you only can.

Info from warrelics about great-grandfather's brother:
    Recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross from the Carpathian Lancers Regiment (Pułk Ułanów Karpackich):
    wachm, PAWEŁCZUK Rudolf born 1907-03-15 in Rumunia, fathers name AntoniSBSK number 24;unit:U,SBSK badge number 779.Ranklutonowy.Lived 49-300 Brzeg.Died 1994.PUK
    WBH act sygn.II.53.45696, Army Number : 1907-7-III, MCC Nr : 38552.
    So, I'm looking for information about his younger brother(my great-grandfather). All that I know is that he took part in WW1 and WW2,
    he was already returning to home and disappeared.

name: Ignacy Paweł Pawełczuk
    father's name: Antoni
    possible birthdate: 1915-06-26

Maybe they were fighting together, I assume that he stayed to live in other place, maybe there's chance to know where he is buried.

Any information you can provide me, would be greatly appreciated (Including any information about Rudolf and other brothers not mentioned here: Józef and Karol).

Regards,
    Daniel

P.S You can also help me with information where I can find such things, archives, other physical or online spots etc., because I'm from Ukraine and not experienced with such things in Poland or other countries, thank you in advance !

Hello Daniel,

When Rudolf Pawełczuk was awarded the Monte Cassino Cross his rank is listed as being Wachmistz (Cavalry Sergeant).

I have searched through the Register of Recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross and only found Rudolf listed as a Recipient, I could not find not find anything for Ignacy Paweł Pawełczuk, either on Kresy-siberia or Index of victims of soviet repression.

The Polish 2nd Corps Records are held by the British Ministry of Defence a link to their web site is below, if you do decide to request the records make sure that you ask for copies of all records that they hold otherwise they will just send you a 1 or 2 page letter outlining his life prior to WW2 and service during WW2.

Get a copy of military service records: Apply for the records of someone who's deceased - GOV.UK

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thank you, for your help !