Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Lot of Polish ww2 insignia

Article about: Hi, I recently acquired this lot of Polish ww2 insignia. As you can see by my user name I am a collector of the Belgian forces in exile in the UK during ww2. So my knowledge on other countri

Default Lot of Polish ww2 insignia

Hi,

I recently acquired this lot of Polish ww2 insignia.
    As you can see by my user name I am a collector of the Belgian forces in exile in the UK during ww2.
    So my knowledge on other countries is limited.

I was hoping someone here could tell me more about this lot
    - What insignia is there?
    - is it original ?
    - could the left frame be from 1 person?
    - A value indication would also be appreciated is possible

Lot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insignia
    Lot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insignia
    Lot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insigniaLot of Polish ww2 insignia

Anyone?

I was redirected to this forum because there are some active Polish collectors here?

I believe the left frame is from a soldier of:

Polish 2nd Corps
    5th Kresowa Infantry Division
    4th Wolyńska Infantry Brigade
    10th Wolyńska Rifle Battalion (I believe the metal badges with 10 are collar badges?)

Any comments on the para Parachute collar badges or the metal eagles?

A mix of 1st and 2nd Corps, and all appear genuine with the possible exception of the parachute collar badges. The larger of the three eagles is pre-WW2. The next smallest is a cast Middle Eastern production, and the smallest looks to be a "warsztatowka" workshop made.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Tony,

Thank you for the reply.

Was my assumption correct that the left frame is probably from one soldier?
    And the metal badges are collar badges for the 10th battalion?

I have searched the internet but I could only find a black and white picture where the same badges were shown.

How can we be sure on the para collar badges?

The parachutists are genuin badges.