Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 100 of 535 FirstFirst ... 50 90 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 110 150 200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 5346

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Hello Weronika,

May I be the first to welcome you to the War Relics Forum Polish Section, I assume that it is the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 48013 Recipients details that you are interested in.

When awarded the recipients details were as follows:

Surname : CZERKAS

Christian Name : Władysław

Date of Birth : 1895

Army Service Number : (also found on His ID Tags ) : 1895-3-III

Unit : 370 Skladnica Ewakuowanego Sprzetu. ( 370th Evacuated Equipment Park)

MCC : 48013

I sincerely hope that the above information is of some use and help to you Weronika.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Weronika,

I hope that you received the information on the recipient of the MCC Numbered 12389 alright, apologies for not being able to attach the photographs and scan, but here they are :

Monte Cassino cross

Zygmunt Strzegocki grave at the Van Dyke Cemetery in Leighton Buzzard in Bedfordshire.

Monte Cassino cross

Photograph of the reverse of His Monte Cassino Cross.

Monte Cassino cross

Scan of the Recipients list of the Monte Cassino Cross with his details on.

I sincerely hope that all the above is of some use and help to you Weronika.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Andrzej,
    I upload my photos.

Monte Cassino cross

Best wishes,
    Weronika.

Greetings, I would like to hear your views on this piece and if they have any more information. Thank you very much

Monte Cassino crossMonte Cassino crossMonte Cassino cross

Hello Gibello,

Many thanks for your post, your cross looks to be alright with original hook and eye ribbon.

With regards to the recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 10212 when awarded the recipients details were as follows:

Surname : POŻAROWSKI

Christian Name : ALEKSANDER

Date of Birth : 1916

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1916-53-III

Unit : 3KBnSap (3rd Carpathian Engineers Battalion)

By the end of the war Aleksander POŻAROWSKI had been awarded the KW (Cross of Valour), he decided to come to the UK where he died aged 52 in 1968. His death was registered in Waltham Forest, Greater London in the 4th Quarter of 1968 Volume 5E, Page 296.

The only other information that I was able to glean from the internet was the Name of His Father which was Wincenty.

I sincerely hope that the above information is of some use and help to you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thank you for all the information, which approximately have these pieces?

Hello Everyone,

Here Is something to wet your appetite offered for sale by auction by DNW later this month.

One of approximately 70 honorary awards of the M.M. to Polish recipients in the 1939-45 War.

M.M. approved on 13 August 1945, by Lieutenant-General W. Anders, 2nd Polish Corps and Lieutenant-General R. L. McCreery, G.O.C., Eighth Army. The original recommendation states:

‘In exceptionally difficult conditions and frequently under enemy artillery and mortar fire, throughout the Italian Campaign, he was always at the Command Post of 3rd Battery, 5th Polish Field Regiment, where he worked with outstanding devotion to duty as N.C.O. i/c the Battery’s wireless communications.

In particular:

1. During the battle of Monte Cassino between 11-12 May 1944 he was at the Battery O.P. under constant and heavy enemy artillery fire, where he worked without sleep or rest, completely disregarding his personal safety, thus ensuring reliable wireless communication with the forward O.P. on Phantom Ridge and S. Angelo.

2. During the mobile operations along the Adriatic, in the Apennines and during the battle of Bologna, he always worked with the utmost devotion, courage and energy, thus always ensuring that the Battery had constant wireless communication with the forward O.P.’

Leon Majewski was born at Szwarcenowo, Krotoszyny, Lubawa in April 1907 and was called up from the Polish Army Reserve in August 1939. Drafted to 29 Field Artillery Regiment, he served in the campaign in Poland in the following month, when he was taken P.O.W. by the Soviet Red Army. Following the Polish-Soviet agreement of 30 July 1941, he was released and rejoined the Polish Army as a member of the 5th Wilenski Field Artillery Regiment, 5th Kresowa Infantry Division, which joined the British 8th Army in October 1942. He subsequently served in the Middle East 1942-44 and in Italy 1944-46 and, as cited above, was awarded the M.M. for his courage at Monte Cassino and in later operations. Finally discharged in the U.K. in May 1947, he was embarked at Glasgow for Gdansk, Poland in the following month.

In addition to his M.M., Majewski was also awarded the Polish Cross for Monte Cassino, the Bronze Cross of Merit with swords and the Army Active Service Medal; sold with copied official records, British and Polish.

Monte Cassino cross

Kapral Leon Majewski 5PAL, Army Number : 1907-143-III was awarded the Monte Cassino Cross umbered 21021.

Interesting that DNW call the Army Medal (the Army Active Service Medal).

Interesting too see what it makes.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. (click the photograph to enlarge in a new window).

Hello Everyone.

A few more photographs of Recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross, this time from P6Panc (6th Armoured Regiment "Children of Lwow")

Monte Cassino cross

25th May 1944 Piedimonte Cadet Officer Jan Wasilik after killing the german soldier trying to knock out his tank with this Panzerschreck, it had 15 Rings denoting knocked out tanks.

Kapral.pdch. Jan Wasik MCC 30942, after the war Ppor Jan Wasiak came to the UK where he died on the 26th March 1947 aged 25.

Monte Cassino cross

Also on the 25th May 1944 Piedimonte Officer Cadet Jerzy Lesiak capturing a group of 3 german snipers hidden away in a well camouflaged dugout.

Kapral.pdch. Jerzy Lesiak MCC 30685, by the end of the war also a Ppor. VM. KW. etc.

Best wishes

Andrzej

J2B
    ?

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Some more faces of recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross:

Attachment 660528

Kapral Podchorąży Marian Tomaszewski MCC 30894 (post war photograph)

That's all for today

Best wishes

Andrzejku
    Hi Andrzej, just thought I'd make a correction here, this is my grandfather and he was actually a cadet officer not a corporal during the battle of Monte Cassino.

Best,

Joe

J2B
    ?

Quote by J2B View Post
    Hi Andrzej, just thought I'd make a correction here, this is my grandfather and he was actually a cadet officer not a corporal during the battle of Monte Cassino.

Best,

Joe
    Oh and great work on this thread really nice to see. Thanks

Page 100 of 535 FirstFirst ... 50 90 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 110 150 200 ... LastLast