Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 101 of 535 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 5346

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Hello Joe,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, with regards to your Grandfather Kapral Podchorąży Marian Tomaszewski (Podchorazy = Officer Cadet)

The entry in the Recipients list is as follows, when awarded the Monte Cassino Cross His details were as follows :

Kpr.pch. Tomaszewski Marian 1922/53/III MCC 30894 P6Panc (6th Armoured Regiment, 2nd Armoured Brigade).

I hope that this answers your question.

Best wishes

Andrzej

J2B
    ?

Thanks Andrzej yes that's correct, "Dzieci Lwowskich".

Best

Joe

Hello Weronika,

As per your request for the scan from the Regimental History of the 8PAPLOt for Albin Markiewicz, here it is.

Monte Cassino cross

I sincerely hope that this answers all your questions

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Weronika,

Apologies for it being upside down here it is rotated

Monte Cassino cross

Once again

Best wishes

Andrzej

Default Mcc 43,874

My latest acquisition, very local to me, not sure if he was buried or cremated as would have visited his grave.

Numbered : 43874

(43865-43970 = 21 Transport Company)

Surname: SLISKI

Christian Name: STANISLAW

Date of Birth: 9th September 1904

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1904-80-III

Unit: 21 Kompania Transportowa (21st Transport Company)

After the end of the war Stanislaw decided to come to the UK and settled he married Eleanor Florence ALLAN in the 3rd Quarter of 1957 in Wokingham, Berkshire (Reference Volume 6A Page 658.

In 1965 he was granted British Citizenship London Gazette Issue 43685 dated 15th June 1965, he was listed as being a Bench Fitter living at 76 Easthampstead Road, Wokingham.

Stanislaw died in June 1972 in Henley, Oxfordshire (Volume 6B, Page 2552., Eleanor Florence Sliski (Born 4th April 1910) Died in 1988 Death registered in Reading & Wokingham, Berkshire. (Volume 19 Page 555).

Monte Cassino crossMonte Cassino crossMonte Cassino crossMonte Cassino crossMonte Cassino cross

Hello Weronika,

Apologies for the delay, my Father in law is in Hospital, so family has had to come first these last 5 days.

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

I have tried to scan the Regimental History but with no more luck apologies for that, hope that scans of the original list make up.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Andrzej,

I'm new on the forum, please, what information is there on the owner of cross number 17620? Thank you for your great work!!

Best Regards

Frank

Hello Frank.

May I be the first to welcome you to the War Relics Polish Forum, with regards to the Recipient of the MCC Nr 17620 when awarded the recipients details were as follows:

Surname: CICHOWICZ

Christian Name : Grzegorz Wladyslaw

Date of Birth : 1905

Fathers Name : WLADYSLAW

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1905-97-III

Unit : Headquarters Staff 6th Lwow Infantry Brigade.

I could glean only the following information, arrested by the soviets in 1940 in the Wolyn Region, after the war came to the UK where he married Michalina (unfortunately I could only find her listed as Cichowicz). They both applied for and where granted British Citizanship on the 19th March 1974, whilst living at 67 Southmoor Road, Oxford, London Gazette Issue Number 46295, Page 6137, dated 21st May 1974.

The only other piece of information that I was able to find was Grzegorz Death in Oxford in 1996.

I sincerely hope that the above information is of some use and help to you Frank.

Once again Welcome to the Forum

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thank you so much Andrzej, please, Where can I find about his awards?.

Cheers.

Frank

Hello Frank,

Unfortunately Grzegorz Cichowicz's Service Record is only obtainable by his next of kin from the British Ministry of Defence for which they charge.

He would have received the following medals and stars just for his service.

Polish : Medal Wojska (Army Medal), British : 1939-1945 Star, Italy Star, Defence Medal.

If he had been awarded any Polish Decorations eg. Cross of Valour, Silver Cross of Merit with Crossed Swords, this information is held by the PISM in London, who also unfortunately charge for a 2 hour search, the reply could take upto 6 months. This is because of there only being 2 persons working in the Archives, therefore the easiest thing would be to go too the PISM and look through the records that they have for the 2nd Corps Soldiers awarded decorations.

Frank apologies for not being able to help you further with this research.

Frank in addition to the above he would have received the 5KDP Badge, 2nd Corps Badge worn above the ribbon bars on the tunic.

Best wishes

Andrzej