MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 102 of 535 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 112 152 202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 5346

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Thank you Andrzej, this new information is so useful.

Cheers.

Frank

Hello Everyone,

A few more Faces of recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross,

Monte Cassino cross

Kapral Jan Magiera MCC 17334

Monte Cassino cross

Podporucznik Alfred Parchimowicz MCC 15262

Monte Cassino cross

Podporucznik Ireniusz Dedeszko-Wiercinski MCC 18654

That is all,

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. click the photographs to enlarge in a new page.

?

Hello mr. Andrzej, I'm new in this forum.
    Could I ask informations about the soldier of medal number 5740?
    Best regards,

Alagi

Hello Alagi,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, with regards to your request for information on the recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 5740 when awarded His details were as follows :

Surname : JARMOSZ

Christian Name : TEODOR

Date of Birth : 1923

Place of Birth : Koscieniewo

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1923-26-III

Unit : 3KBSap (3rd Carpathian Engineers Battalion)

He ended the war as a Starszy Saper (Lance Corporal Engineer), he was also awarded the KW the Cross of Valour, after the end of the war he came to the UK with his Battalion and in 1948 he left the UK to go to Australia.

He arrived in Australia in Freemantle, Western Australia and then must have some how found his way to Tasmania, because in 1949 the following article appeared in the Mercury, Hobart, Tasmanian Newspaper on Saturday 18th June 1949, Page 22.

"I Teodor Jarmosz of Polish Nationality, Born at Koscieniewo, Poland and resident one year in Australia, now resident at H.E.C. Burlers Gorge, Tasmania, intend to apply for Naturalisation as an Australian Citizen under the Nationality Citizenship Act 1948.

That is all that I could find for you Alagi, I hope that it is of some use and help to you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. my bill is in the post, don't worry only kidding.

?

thank you very much for the informations!

Hello Everyone,

Another Face of a Recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross

Monte Cassino cross

Starszy Sergeant Wojciech Zmyslony 13BS MCC 16117

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello All. I hope you don't mind me asking but can anyone help me find any info about my Dad. He, like so many who went through the war, wouldn't talk about his experiences. He died when I was young and not really interested in such things. I have been led to believe that he was sent to a prison camp in Siberia and escaped to join the English in 'the desert' somewhere and finally ended up at Monte Cassino where he won a medal???
    My Dad's name was Aleksander Grzyb/Grzybowski and was from Bialystok.
    Any ifromation would be very graefully receive
    Thanks Rita

Hi Rita, and welcome to the forum. Our resident archivist Andrzej will hopefully be able to dig into his reference sources for some details about your father.

Quote by 5litrerita View Post
    . . . he was sent to a prison camp in Siberia and escaped to join the English in 'the desert' somewhere and finally ended up at Monte Cassino where he won a medal???. . .
    That about sums up the story of your father’s wartime experience as well as thousands of other soldiers who made up the Polish 2nd Corps.

I highly recommend this freshly released book that will flesh out the skeleton of a story you have: Trail of Hope: The Anders Army, An Odyssey Across Three Continents by Norman Davies. I’m certain you will find it extremely informative and you will have a newfound understanding of what your father endured.

Here’s the Amazon summary:

"Davies draws from years of meticulous research to recount the compelling story of this unit, the Polish II Corps or 'Anders Army', and their exceptional journey from the Gulag of Siberia through Iran, the Middle East and North Africa to the battlefields of Italy to fight shoulder-to-shoulder with Allied forces"

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I don't know this book (yet), but can reccomend Norman Davies as one of the best foreign experts on Polish history.

regards
    Tomasz

Thank You Tony. It's taken me a long time to realise just what the Polish people went through and as I said no one talked about it. This book looks like it will add to my knowledge so I will definitely get a copy