Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 105 of 535 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 115 155 205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 5346

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Artem,

Many thanks for your post, details are as follows:

Surname : RZMNY

Christian Name : WALENTY

Date of Birth : 1899

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1899-4-III

Unit : 24th Transport Company.

Best wishes

Andrzej
    Thank you so much!
    As I see you did not find his MC Cross number. Does it mean that he was not awarded?

Br,
    Artem

Hello Artem,

Apologies for not putting his cross number on, I had just arrived home after a 6 hour drive and was rather tired "NO EXCUSE".

Kapral Walenty Rzmny 1899-46-III 24th Transport Company MCC 45062.

Best wishes and once again please accept my apology

Andrzej

Hello Andrzej,

I was wondering if you could find any information concerning my great-grandfather Stanisław Orkisz. He was wounded at the Battle of Monte Cassino.

Hello Zawisza Czarny,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum with regards to your Great Grandfather Stanisław Orkisz, His father your Great Great Grandfather was Karol Orkisz.

On the 1st September 1939 Stanisław Orkisz was serving as a Przodownik (Sierzant / Sergeant in the Polish Police)

He would have worn a uniform as shown in the following drawings :

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Your Great Grandfather like many other members of the Polish Armed Forces decided instead of surrendering to the Russians, they would instead choose internment in Lithuania. Stanisław crossed the border into Lithuania on the 19th September 1939 and was interned. Little did they realise that they would soon be handed over to the Russians and there infamous NKVD.

Stanisław was listed in the Pirsioners held in the Kozielsk Camp most of whose inhabitants ended up being dug up by the germans in 1943 in the Katyn woods.

He was lucky to be one of those who survived and was moved to Murmansk where in 1941 after the germans invaded the ussr he was released to join the Anders Army at Tatiszczewo on the 4th September 1941.

When awarded the Monte Cassino Cross your Great Grandfathers details where as follows :

Surname : ORKISZ

Christian Name : Stanisław

Date of Birth : 4th January 1898

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1898-27-III

Unit : 161 Szpital Wojenny (161st Military Hospital)

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 41908

That is all that I was able to find out for you about your Great Grandfather, if you require further information, you will have to contact the British Ministry of Defence to obtain a copy of Stanisław's Service Record. If you do decide to do this then be sure to request a copy of his English and polish service records, unfortunately they do charge for this service £30.00p plus you would have to provide proof of your relationship to Stanisław, by supplying a copy of his death certificate and your fathers birth certificate and your birth certificate. This is all explained on the MoD Web site.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. my bill is in the post

Pan Andrzej,

I cannot sufficiently express how much I appreciate the information you provided!

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Artem,

Apologies for not putting his cross number on, I had just arrived home after a 6 hour drive and was rather tired "NO EXCUSE".

Kapral Walenty Rzmny 1899-46-III 24th Transport Company MCC 45062.

Best wishes and once again please accept my apology

Andrzej
    No problem I understand. Thank you for your reply.

Br,
    Artem

Pan Andrzej,

Could you find any information concerning Gerard Zawada and Zdzisław Zawada? The father and son served under General Anders. I was wondering if they were awarded with the Monte Cassino Cross.

Thanks for all your help

Hello Zawisza Czarny,

Many thanks for your post unfortunately both Gerard Zawada and Zdzisław Zawada are not listed as recipients of the MCC, they more than likely joined the 2nd Corps after the battle of Monte Cassino or even after the end of the war. The total number that fought at Cassino numbered 48,800 + by the end of the war the Polish 2nd Corps Totalled over 110,000 personnel.

Apologies for not being able to help you further with this.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thank you Pan Andrzej!

?

Hello, my my name is Karl and my Dziadek Kapral Pch. Zbigniew Jackowski MCC 20892 (page 21 this thread) is still alive and kicking. He also received a cross for valour during the Italian campaign. My son found this forum while googling his great grandad.
    I will post some more pictures of him and his medals soon. His father received the vertuti militari for his actions during the defence of Grodno during the Polish-Russian conflict 1918-20.
    Regards Karl