Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 109 of 535 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 119 159 209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 5346

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Hello Andrzej,
    Is there any way you can share that lists with me? It would be really helpful.
    Greetings,
    Weronika

Hello Weronika,

Many thanks for your post, unfortunately I can not share the lists with you as when I gave my disc to the PISM, I handed them also copyright, therefore regretfully I can not help you further in this matter.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

Another face of a recipient of the MCC found on the internet :

Monte Cassino cross

Strz Tadeusz Sobieralski MCC 31145 when a Kapral Pchr. photograph clearly shows the ribbon of the KW and the MCC.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p,s, click to enlarge photograph in a new window

Andrzejku,

Could you please share with me information regarding recipient of the MCC no 1463?

Best regards,

Hello Pat,

Many thanks for your post when awarded the details of the recipient of the MCC Numbered 1463 were as follows:

Surname : KOBRZYŃSKI

Christian Name : Bolesław

Date of Birth : 1914

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1914-22-III

Unit : 3rd Carpathian Anti Tank Artillery Regiment

By the end of the war he had been promoted to Porucznik (Lieutenant) and awarded the KW, the only other piece of information that I was able to glean was his detah in Surrey in 1987.

I sincerely hope that the above information is of some use and help to you Pat.

Best wishes

Andrzej

mzawada
    ?

Hello Andrzejku,
    Plutonowy Władysław Czmer was my great grandfather. This is fascinating whrere did you find his photo.

Hello mzawada,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum with regards to the photograph of your Great Grandfather Władysław Czmer, I found it whilst surfing the internet, unfortunately I can not remember where exactly. But I will have a search to see if I can find out where I found it in the first place.

I have attached the photograph below for yourself please feel free to down load and print it.

Monte Cassino cross

You will of course have noticed that it is back to front the ribbon bars are worn above the left breast pocket and these show the Bronze Cross of Merit with Swords and the Monte Cassino Cross.

I will let you know if I find where I found the photograph of your Great Grandfather mzawada.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thank you so much Andrzejku.

Corrected orientation:

Monte Cassino cross

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi Andrzejku,
    I've attached some of my fathers artifacts from his army service.
    Can you identify the cross, bottom right of picture?
    Thks, Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross