Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 112 of 537 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 122 162 212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 5361

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Hello Everyone,

Within the space of less than 24 hours another Monte Cassino Group hits the Market this time on ebay UK, this time to a Husband and wife.

Kapitan Tadeusz Antoni Monsior Commando Company 2nd Corps and his wife Siostra sal. Nadzieja Monsior.

Tadeusz Antoni Monsior born 23rd July 1903, fought in the defence of Warsaw in 1920 to stop the Red Army "The Miracle on the Vistula" and for his bravery was awarded the KW. Awarded another KW during WW2 as well as SKZzM he was the Administrative Officer for the Headquarters Platoon after the end of the war they settled in the UK living at 8 Highfield Avenue, Wembley HA9-8LE and ran a Shipping and Marine Insurance Broker firm (T A Monsior Ltd) he died in Brent in 1984. Whilst his wife was a Siostra sal. in the 3rd Military Hospital awarded the MCC 43008 she died in Brent in 1994.

I will let the photographs of the group do the talking.

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Kapitan Tadeusz Antoni Monsior photographed during the war, an extremely rare and well documented group by all accounts.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. double click the photographs to enlarge in a new page

p.p.s. The Para Badge Numbered 0860 when an Aspirant in the 1st Polish Corps

Link for the sale : SUPERB & RARE COMPLETE MEDAL GROUP & ARCHIVE POLISH SPECIAL FORCES COMBINED OPS | eBay

What a massive group

Thanks for posting this Andrzejku . Wonderful to see such an incredible family grouping surviving fully intact, and especially as the main component relates to the Polish 2nd Corps commandos. Rare and desirable, needless to say. Thankfully the seller respects the historicity and is not splitting it up for shameless profiteering as is so often seen. Let’s hope it ends up in a good home.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Everyone,

Well with still 7 days to the end of this auction on ebay this group stands at £6, 250.00p at this moment

Monte Cassino cross

Best wishes

Andrzej

USD 7,648, CAD 10,199, PLN 30,387

?

Something smaller but still worth notice - a Polish couple: Ensemble croix de monte cassino cross d

Monte Cassino cross

I followed this one also; but the seller can not, or want not give more information to the explanation he give about a "couple" grouping.... strange..

?

Hi, Andrzej !
    Can you help in ID of Monte Cassino Cross N 8419 ?

Hello Libau,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, is this cross in your collection if so it would be nice to see some photographs obverse and reverse of the cross.

Your question on the Recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 8419 when awarded the Recipients details were as follows:

Surname : MIKOLAJONEK

Christian Name : WLODZIMIERZ

Date of Birth : 1923

Army Number : (also found on His ID tags) : 1923-84-III

Unit : 12PULP (12th lancers Regiment)

Awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 8419

By the end of the war he had risen in rank to Starszy Ulan (Lance Coporal) and had been awarded the KW (Cross of Valour 1939-1945).

I could not find any further information for you on Wlodzimierz Mikolajonek.

I sincerely hope that the above information is of some use and help to you Libau.

Best wishes and Welcome to the Forum

Andrzej
    Last edited by andrzejku98; 10-25-2016 at 11:37 AM.

?

Hi, Andrzej !

Thanks a lot !
    I found this Cross in Belarus in 90's without ribbon
    Poossible , Wlodzimierz Mikolajonek had British Medals too ? (Italy Star, 1939 Star, War Medal) ?
    I think recepient was Belorussian , returned to USSR after War.
    All Belorussians - Anders soldiers were repressed in 50's ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

Hello Libau,

Many thanks for your post nice cross, apart from the MCC Wlodzimierz Mikolajonek would have received the following awards during his service with the 2nd Polish Corps.

Polish Awards:

1) Krzyz Walecznych (Cross of Valour 1939-1945)

2) Medal Wojska (Army Medal 1939-1945)

3) Monte Cassino Cross : 8419

British Awards:

4) 1939-1945 Star

5) Italy Star

6) Defence Medal

I hope that the above answers your question Libau.

Best wishes

Andrzej