Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 118 of 537 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 128 168 218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 5361

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

?

Quote by Stefan Wisniowski View Post
    Excuse me??? Please explain.
    To była informacja dla użytkownika polskipolak, który kontaktował siś ze mną pocztą wewnterzną, że jego skrzynka na portalu warrelics jest przepełniona i nie przyjmuje kolejnych wiadomości.

Kosa

Hello Ted,

Many thanks for your post with regards to Jerzy Biedul when awarded the MCC his information was as follows:

Surname : Biedul

Christian Name : JERZY

Date of Birth : 1924

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1924-28-III

Unit : 5BSK, 2nd Brigade, 3DSK

Monte Cassino Cross Awarded Numbered : 3065

Hope that the above information is of some use and help to you Ted

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hi Andrzej. We found my wife's grandfather's medal. It is number 13565. Which relates to the first waclaw walczak born 1901. We found his marriage certificate which works his date of birth out as 1901 too. Can you give me any information on him. Army no 1901-40-III. What's interesting is he was the one who married Francis Christie in Salford not the one born in 1903. If there's any information you can give on him (including death) then maybe we can put together the information that adds up. Thanks Stuart.

Hello Stuart,

Many thanks for your post, I am glad that you have found your wife's Grandfathers Cross Numbered 13565 when awarded his details were as follows:

Surname : Walczak

Christian Name : Wacław

Date of Birth : 1901

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1901-40-III

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 13565

Unit 3 Karpacki Pulk Artylerii Przeciwpancernej, ( 3rd Carpathian Anti Tank Artillery Regiment)

By the end of the war he had been promoted to a Plutowny (Lance Sergeant).

Stuart unfortunately that is all the information that I was able to find I looked on Scotlands People, Ancestry and Find my past and none of them had his death listed.

At least now you know the correct MCC and his details.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. my bill is in the post

?

Hi Andrzej!!!I am looking for information at uhlan on 1 pułku ułanów krechowieckich PSZ: Nazwisko: Moliński/MOLIŃSKI Imię: Piotr/PIOTR Stopień wojskowy: ułan,jednostka: 1 Pułk Ułanów Krechowieckich,data urodzenia: 16.02.1918,miejsce urodzenia: Suchowola pow. Brody:SUCHOWOLA POWIAT BRODY,data śmierci: 27.06.1944 Miejsce śmierci:area at Monte Cassino - Pochowany:Cmentarz Loreto.Położenie grobu: 10-D-5 Name father, mother, or had siblings, relatives.Short history at uhlan Moliński.Numer cross mc and other information about badges.Thank you in advance.

Hello Cherry,

May I be the first to welcome you to the War Relics Forum, many thanks for your post, I have not been able to find very much information for you, but what I have found is listed below:

Surname : MOLIŃSKI

Christian Name : PIOTR

Date of Birth : 16th February 1918

Place of Birth : Suchowola

Provence of Birth : Brody

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags): 1918-85-III

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 30069

Unit : 2nd Squadron, 1 Pułk Ułanów Krechowieckich (1st Lancers Regiment)

Other Awards : Krzyż Walecznych x 1 (Cross of Valour)

Awarded Regimental Badge Numbered : 936

ułan Piotr MOLIŃSKI was killed at Chienti in Italy on the 27th June 1944, he was buried nearby and after the end of the war his body was exhumed and buried in the Polish War Cemetery at Loreto in grave 10-D-5.

I could not find his name listed in any of the records held by the PISM which contain families of servicemen serving in the Polish Armed Forces.

The index of victims of soviet repression list only 3 MOLIŃSKI's they are as follows:

1) Antoni son of Aleksander born 1898

2) Stanisław son of Antoni born 1924

3) Jan son of Józef born 1913

That is all that I could find for you, if you require more information you would have to contact the British Ministry of Defence (Polish Records Section) to obtain a copy of his service record. Please note that they charge for this service and you would have to provide photocopied proof of your kinship to Piotr.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. my bill is in the post.

?

Thank You Andrzejku.Best wishes.Thank you very much for information. Is possible to provide the names of the parents Piotr Moliński?.A few questions about the crosses without numbers.Cross not numbered?Who had the Monte Cassino Cross numbered :2849?:1 baon SK/3 DSK,8852:rifle Franciszek ?unit 1 kompania zaopatrywania brygady 3 DSK,30315:st.ulan?unit:1st Lancers regiment/2 Brygada pancerna,41100.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

Hello Cherry,

Has I had already stated I could not find details of MOLIŃSKI's Parents, with regards to the information on the following 4 recipients of the Monte Cassino Crosses Numbered : 2849, 8852, 30345, 41100. when awarded the recipients details were as follows:

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 2849

Surname : BOGACIUK

Christian Name : MIKOLAJ

Date of Birth : 1914

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1914-38-III

Unit : 1 Baon SK

By the end of the war he was a Starszy Strzelec (Lance Corporal) with KW.

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 8852

Surname : MORDZAK

Christian Name : FRANCISZEK

Date of Birth : 1904

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1904-20-III

Unit : 1 Kompania Zaopatrywania

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 30345

Surname : HOFF

Christian Name : ZBIGNIEW

Date of Birth : 5th May 1915

Place of Birth : Maratiech, Czechoslowa

Date of Death : 3rd July 1944

Buried : Polish War Cemetery at Loreto Grave Number 10-F-5

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1915-65-III

Unit Pulk 6 Pancerny

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 41100

Surname : TASIEMKOWSKI

Christian Name : STANISLAW

Date of Birth : 1899

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1899-33-III

Unit : Pluton Lacznosci Dowodcy Artylerii Korpusu.

That is all the information that I have been able to find for you Cherry,

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. my bill is in the post, prompt payment required

?

Photo symbolik grave to:,,conqueror of Monte Cassino''Area Bielsk-Podlaski Poland.Sarnacki Józef.-Kawaleryman.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

Quote by Wisnia View Post
    . . . A few questions about the crosses without numbers.Cross not numbered? . . .
    They do exist, but are rare. The cross in your picture is suspended from what appears to be a genuine ribbon, however, both suspension rings are not original items. A bad omen for the cross, which based on the patina does appear to be one of the many cast copies floating about. If you have more pictures, ideally a good clear side view, please post.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne