Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 536 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 112 512 ... LastLast

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Default re: Monte Cassino cross

Tony, instead of replica could the 'R' stand for Replacement? Did I read somewhere that you could write to the representatives of the Exile government or their association for a replacement award if the original was lost? That might explain the cross being numbered and the 'R'.

Or am I imagining things?

Hi Mike,

You are correct, replacement items were indeed issued. But in my experience the Polish word "Duplikat" was used to identify replacement pieces. It was manually written on documents, and manually stamped onto badges.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Now back at home with and can illustrate the marking of legitimate replacement duplicate items.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

that's put a ball through my skittles ! the parachute badge raises an interesting question. according to published sources, the recipient was not awarded a wreath, so ........................................?

?

Just look how the wreaths attached. .... And how the patina has nearly been stripped off the badge.
    A geniune wreath has been married to a geniune badge ... where it does not belong.

Ruining both.

Hi Guys,
    These finally arrived...Very excited.
    What do you think, this is the information I have on the cross:
    17345 awarded to strz/Rifleman Feliks Niocko, Born 1910, service number 1910/ 54/III. 15 Wilenski Strzelcow Batalion 'Wilkow'. 5 Wilenska Piechoty Brygada.
    Could anyone verify for me, Andrzejku?

Any comments much appreciated.
    Thanks again to A.J. on helping out prior to purchasing these.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

Hi Michal79,

Yes I can confirm that the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered: 17345 was awarded to:

Surname: NIECKO (with a slash above the letter C)

Christian Name: Feliks

Date of Birth: 1910

Fathers Name: Marcin NIECKO (WITH A SLASH ABOVE THE LETTER C)

Army Number (also founs on his ID Tags: 1910-54-III)

Unit: 15 Batalion Strzelcow, 5KDP.

Feliks was arrested in Wlodzimierz on the 20th September 1939, he is then listed in the Camp at Siewzeldorlag on the 19th June 1940, when released in 1941 he joined the Anders Army, but no date is listed.

That is all the information that I could find on Feliks, I hope that it helps.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Wow Fantastic Andrzejku!!! Thank you very much!!!

?

Hello!

Maybe someone know someting about the first owner of Monte Cassino cross number 36 876?

Best Regards,
    Alexandr

Hello Alexandr,

Welcome to the forum, you asked if you could know who was awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered: 36876:

The recipient's details are as follows:

Surname: JALOWIECKI

Christian Name: Wladyslaw

Date of Birth: 1917

Army Number (also found on his Identity Disc's) : 1917-49-III

Unit: 8 Pulk Artylerii Przeciwlotniczej Ciezkiej

Fathers Name: Wiktor

Deported from Wolynska in 1940, released by the russians on 4th September 1941, unfortunately no date for him joining the Anders Army.

Further information gleaned from the Regimental History is as follows:

British Awards Legit Numbered: 351

Medal Wojsko (Polish Army Medal) Legit Numbered: 05521

2nd Corps Badge Numbered (Regimental History only lists 3 digits): 372.

That is all that I could find on him for you, I hope that it is of some help and use.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Page 12 of 536 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 112 512 ... LastLast