Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 120 of 535 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 130 170 220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 5346

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Artem,

I have checked the PISM list for those killed in WW2 no one listed for Doroszczonek or Michasenak

Best wishes

Andrzej
    Thanks. Hope he stayed alive.

Br,
    Artem

Dear Andrzej,

In one local museum we found information about two guys which served in 2nd Polish Corps. Could you please share your data regarding them:

1) Bazyl Sobol
    2) Alfons Zhukowski

Thank you.

Br,
    Artem

Hello Artem,

Many Thanks for your post unfortunately I was only able to find information on 1 of the 2 named persons:

Surname : Sobol

Christian Name : Bazyli

Date of Birth : 1912

Army Number : (also found on His ID tags) : 1912-210-III

Unit : 7 Pulk Artylerii Ppanc (7th Anti Tank Artillery Regiment)

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 35531

The only Alfons that I found listed where as follows:

1) Kan. Zamojcin

2) Sap. Zaremba

3) Kan Zub

4) Ulan. Zur

5) Kpr. Zubalski

I then also checked other listings with out any luck, I have also checked through the list of Polish Soldiers Killed during WW2 also with No joy.

I hope that the above information is of some use and help to you Artem.

Best wishes

Andrzej

I have a picture of Alfons Zukowski. May be it will be easier to identify him by the breast badges.

Monte Cassino cross

Hello Artem,

Many thanks for posting the photograph of Alfons Zukowski, who served in the Podhale Brigade and was a Narvik Veteran (he is wearing the Lanyard and Badge) as well as the 1st Rifle Brigade badge.

I will look through my 1st Armoured Division Books to see if he is mentioned.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Andrzejku,
    Could you please give me any information on the recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross numer 28676?
    Best regards,

Hello Pat,

Many thanks for your Post regarding the Recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 28676 when awarded the recipients details were as follows:

Surname : Wiśniewski

Christian Name : Józef

Date of Birth : 1909

Army Number : 1909-125-III

Unit : 5 Szwadronu Zandarmerii, 5KDP

Fathers Name : Wojciech

Arrested on the 22nd September 1939 when he crossed the border into Lithuania, joined the Anders Army at Tatiszczewo on the 3rd September 1941.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Maybe someone knows someting about the first owner of Monte Cassino cross number 2664?

Best Regards, Ted.

Monte Cassino crossMonte Cassino cross

Thank you Andrzejku. I have seen the info on this cross on its listing, just wanted to make sure it was correct. Thank you for the confirmation.

Hello Ted,

May I be the first to welcome you to the War Relics Forum, the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 2664 when awarded the Recipients details were as follows:

Surname : BARYSZ

Christian Name : KAROL

Date of Birth : 1899

Army Number : (also found on His ID tags) : 1899-22-III

Unit : 3 Karpackich Baonu Saperow (3rd Carpathian Engineers Battalion)

He also fought at Tobruk with the Samodzielna Brygada Strzelców Karpackich (Independent Carpathian Rifle Brigade) he was then a Sierzant Saper (Sergeant Engineer).

No doubt one of the other Forum members will be able to inform you of the Badge Number:

He survived the War, but I could not find any further details of him for you.

I hope that the above information is of some use and help to you Ted.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. My Bill is in the Post.