Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 149 of 535 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 159 199 249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 5346

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

?

C.D.
    MC crosses numbers:49654;49673;49741;49957.Most of them do not have original ribbons.
    DEAR Andrzejku,only polish language.
    See what he wrote tygrys1970
    Link:
    Inne Oblicza Historii :: Zobacz temat - Krzy
    Best wishes
    Artur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

Monte Cassino cross  

?

Hello once again,breaking news
    DEAR Andrzejku,A man with such documents from Brody circuit Lvov came forward.Can you find out more about this soldier?Army number:1910-...-III.etc:śp cpl.Münzberger Stanisław,date of birth:6th July 1910,Place of birth:
    Mikołajów pow. Bóbrka(Zakopane).Unit:15 Baon Strzelców,date of death:4th July 1944.The buried Loreto cemetery sector 8-G, place 14.Add fotos legitymacji+MCC.
    Than YOU.
    Best wishes
    Artur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross  

Hello Artur,

The Monte Cassino Cross and Legitymacja are to a Kapral Stanisław MINCBERGER, Born in 1910 Army Number : 1910-285-III, Unit 24 Kompania Transportowa, awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Number 44992.

Whilst Kapral Stanisław Münzberger, is not listed on the recipients register for the Monte Cassino Cross.

Both Kapral's, both born in 1910, but that is all that I could find for you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello DEAR Andrzejku
    There is an error somewhere:
    The CAW deposit number 1274 has been issued to the man. There are incompatibilities in three areas: name, date of birth, unit.
    Slice from the book of the fallen:London 1952 Instytut Historyczny im.gen.W.SIKORSKIEGO. Record in the cemetery records at LORETO: 15th baon Rifles.
    Record from the CAW Warsaw archive : Münzberger vel Minzberger Stanisław, date of birth: 06.08.1910, Mikołajów, p. Bóbrka + Cross Monte Cassino.
    Only place of birth compatible.
    I am glad that things have fallen into the family after the fallen.
    If the family agrees, I will a deposit photos.
    Thank YOU,DEAR Andrzejku
    Best wishes
    Artur
    Last edited by Wisnia; 07-17-2017 at 06:06 PM.

Artur,

You asked me to find out some more information on Major Bronisław Łokaj, I have been able to find the following information.

Date of Birth : 22nd August 1909

Place of Birth : Kamionce Dolnej

Provence : Biłgoraj

Attended Officer Cadets School 1931, graduated 1st January 1933 with the rank of Podporucznik and placed on the Officers of the Reserve List for the 23rd Infantry Regiment, stationed in Wlodzimierz Wołyński.

In 1934 he is listed as living in Zamość and working as a Teacher

I could not find any further information on him until his service with the 2nd Corps in Italy

Army Number : 1909-42-III

Awarded Silver Cross Virtuti Militari Numbered : 8742

Monte Cassino cross

Although the VM shown in the photograph seems to be a Spink and Son VM made for the Polish Government in Exile, he was also awarded the : OOP, KW x2, SKZzM, MCC Nr: 19275, MW x4.

After the end of the war he came to the Uk and settled down and reverted to his old career of teaching at the London School of Political & Social Sciences.

In October 1977 at the age of 68 he went to Spain on Holiday and on his 2nd day there he died of a heart attack on the 19th October 1977.

He was buried in Cieszyn Cemetery.

Just a small note that the order of precedence for the British Medals has the Defence Medal worn before the 1939-1945 War Medal.

That is all that I have been able to find, I was amazed that you could not find anything about him Artur when there was an article published on him in 2003 in the Rotunda Magazine by Jan Hasiak in Poland.

Andrzej

?

Hello Everyone
    If you want to see photos of MCC number 44992 and a photo deposit number 1274 please visit
    the dobroni.pl website the Polish Warrelics forum discussing the Monte Cassino Cross.
    https://forum.dobroni.pl/f/krzyze-monte/31345/20
    About post #1466 Dear Bogusław see post #1395.
    I recommend this site about 13 Baon Strzelców/13th Rifle Battalion 5 KDP.Well developed,only is in Polish language.
    Best wishes
    Artur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

?

Hello Everyone:
    MCC:40213:The sixth piece I have seen in the auctions, the second one from this seller.
    Krzyz Monte Cassino (6895450501) - Allegro.pl - Wi
    MCC 48930:Fifth piece I have seen in the auctions.
    Krzy
    Best wishes
    Artur

?

Hello Everyone
    Polish-Medal-Group-Monte-Cassino-with-Documents:
    MCC number 29425:Rank:L.cpl.ORLIK Bolesław,army number:1918-25-III.Unit:Pułk 4 Pancerny/4th Skorpion Armoured Regiment
    WW2 Poland Polish Medal Group Monte Cassino with Documents | eBay
    Best wishes
    Artur

?

Hello
    Dear Andrzejku
    I have a request.Is there a picture available somewhere grave:śp cpl.Stanisław Münzberger in the cemetery in LorettoLoretto cemetery sector 8-G, place 14).A maybe someone has such photos.
    Thank You
    Best wishes
    Artur

?

Hello
    Everyone from around the world:
    In order to facilitate the search for relatives give link to the site with deposits to those who died in the Central Military Archive Poland.
    ..:: Centralne Archiwum Wojskowe :: Lista nazwisk ::..
    On the left are tabs: Deposits
    * - History of deposits
    * - Deposits at CAW
    * - Issue of deposits
    * - list of names
    Seeking and you will find ...
    Best wishes
    Artur