Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 163 of 537 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 173 213 263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 5361

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Hello Michał,

Many thanks for your post, I have looked through the Register of recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross for Bolesław Karasiński and could only find one born in 1913 served with the 3DSK and ended the war as a kapral.

Please let me know if this is indeed your Great Uncle.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Oh yes! I really appreciate your help. My uncle Bolek stayed in London after the war and got married to Janina (Jana) Nuckowska. I used to visit them when they lived in Hammersmith and then in Ruislip. He passed away in 1995 (if I am not mistaken).

Thank you again!
    Michał

Hello Michał,

Many thanks for your post Bolesław Karasiński was born in 1913 and died in 1995 and did marry Janina Nuckowska in 1957, so this information would confirm that he was the recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross. At the time of the award his details were as follows:

Rank; Starszy Strzelec (Lance Corporal)

Surname : Karasiński

Christian Name : Bolesław

Date of Birth : 1913

Army Number : (Also found oin His ID tags) : 1913-31-III

Unit : 4BSK (4th Carpathian Rifle Battalion, 2nd Carpathian Rifle Brigade, 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division, 2nd Polish Corps).

Monte Cassino Cross Awarded Numbered : 7460

By the end of the war he had been promoted to Kapral (Corporal) still in the 4BSK.

I hope that the above information is of some use and help to you Michał.

Best wishes

Andrzej

I have tears in my eyes... I still remember him telling me about jumping into foxholes under heavy mortar fire when I asked him about Monte Cassino during one of my visits to London in 1987.

Thank you,
    Michał

Woj
    ?

Hi Andrzej,

Would you be able to do a name check on my great-grandfather, a Michal Wawro, for the Monte Cassino Cross please?

Number is listed as 42255 I believe.

Does it list his rank/division?

Also, would the British Army ever re-issue any of the listed medals if we made a request for them? All of his medals were unfortunately given away a couple of years ago by his wife (now deceased), to a "priest" who went to her home over in Poland and proclaimed to need them for some sort of "exhibition" (and promised to return them but of course took never did, just a con-man taking advantage of her failing age by the sounds of it ... pathetic).

I've attached the relevant page.

Many thanks,

Tom

Monte Cassino cross

Hello Tom,

Many thanks for your post, I have heard this story a few times even old comrades borrowing items which are never seen again by the Family.

Your Great Grandfather details at the time of the award of the Monte Cassino Cross were as follows:

Surname : Wawro

Christian Name : Michał

Dare of Birth : 1897

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1897-101-III

Unit : 162 Szpital Wojenny (162nd Military Hospital)

I did some searching on the index of victims of soviet repression and found that His Father's Name was also Michał deported in 1940.

Tom I am not sure if the Ministry of Defence still issue WW2 awards no doubt one of the Forum members will know more than me on this subject, the modern replacements have a large suspension ring. The British Awards:

1) 1939-1945 Star

2) Italy Star

3) Defence Medal 1939-1945

Are always available on dealers websites on the internet depending on where about's you live in the world.

The Polish Army Medal is also available but there are a number of types you would require the British Made one as shown below:

Monte Cassino cross

Polish Army Medal obverse

Monte Cassino cross

Polish Army Medal reverse

I hope that the above information is of some use and help to you Tom.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Andrzej,

Would you be so kind and provide me with the information on the recipients of Monte Cassino Crosses numbered: 5512 , 16065 and 33996.

I was only able to determine that number 5512 is associated with 3 DSK and number 16065 with 13 Wilno Rifle Battalion.

Thank you very much in advance,
    Jacek

Quote by Wisnia View Post
    Hello Everyone
    Cross auctioned for 57 euro, ebay refused me the right of preemption.Cross sailed to Greece.
    Unit:Kwater Główna 2 KP.-(Baon Sztabowy).The first letter of the name Z.
    RRRR WW CROCE PRESA DI MONTECASSINO MAGGIO 1944 CON NASTRO ORIGINALE | eBay
    PS:She wears me a little...
    Best wishes
    Artur
    Found the new owner already:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross  

?

HelloEveryone
    Crossed out by me.I knew it would be.My late to write to the seller.I knew it would be so ...
    geoderrina:Based in Albania, geoderrina has been an eBay member since Sep 25, 2010
    No problem. I just bought a MCC 90 number for 75 euros

,,Ciao, nonostante la vincita dell'asta, l'ebay mi ha rifiutato il diritto di prelazione a causa della mancanza di indirizzo di spedizione. La mia somma dichiarata in asta è di 57 euro. Se c'è la possibilità di acquistare questa croce dall'asta, lo comprerei. La prima lettera del nome Z.
    Il mio indirizzo e-mail:
    zylkos@
    Da qualche anno ho lavorato sul tema della Croce Monte Cassino.
    Link a forum in Polacco:
    https://forum.dobroni.pl/f/krzyze-monte/31345/22
    Saluti
    Artur
    ,,Buonasera signor Artur,19-08-2017 20:16
    mi dispiace,ovviamente io non sapevo niente e purtroppo la croce è stata venduta al miglior offerente che ebay mi ha dato,spedita trà l'altro ieri,è andata in Grecia....mi dispiave non posso aiutarla
    Cordiali saluti
    Mirco"
    ,,Mirco dà la tua email privata per inviarti le foto dall'asta, perché stavo offrendo il programma. Semplicemente ho creato un account il 17 agosto, tuttavia, il 18 agosto, ho chiuso. Ho creato un secondo account.Ice perché è basso numero e questa croce vale i soldi 250 euro e ha valore storico ...
    Saluti
    Artur
    mircagostin_0:19-08-2017 23:56

,,Buonasera signor Artur,
    mi dispiace,ovviamente io non sapevo niente e purtroppo la croce è stata venduta al miglior offerente che ebay mi ha dato,spedita trà l'altro ieri,è andata in Grecia....mi dispiave non posso aiutarla
    Cordiali saluti''
    Let sellers worry, because he lost, not me.
    Best wishes
    Artur
    Last edited by Wisnia; 09-10-2017 at 03:25 AM.

Woj
    ?

Thanks Andrzej,

Much appreciated.

I didn't know there was: Indeks Represjonowanych Very useful thank you! I've found Michal listed as well as the rest of his family. I've also been able to find references to relatives on my father's side of the family too (Wojtulewicz).

I'm struggling to find references to the 162 Hospital (or the Number 6 Hospital as listed in his documents) - but I'll keep looking.

Here are a few pics of Michal to anyone interested, as well as what looks like a promotion certificate (I think it's his, or it could be his son's, Stanislaw)

Many thanks,

Tom

Monte Cassino crossMonte Cassino crossMonte Cassino crossMonte Cassino cross