Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 167 of 537 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 177 217 267 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 5361

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

?

my cross, and arrived

Attachment 1118532

Monte Cassino cross

May I Ask you couple of things about Cross in private message Andrzej?

?

Hello Everyone
    DOCUMENTED-POLISH-2nd-CORPS:
    FANTASTIC DOCUMENTED POLISH 2nd CORPS ITALY WWII MEDAL GROUP TO POLAND OFFICER | eBay
    Rankgniomistrz/sgt
    Name:Wawrzyniec
    Surname:ZŁOTEK
    Army number:1898-3-III
    MCC number:14316
    Unit:3 paplot
    Pre 1939:Straż Graniczna
    Ps:W.Złotek:4069E 139 St.Cleveland,Ohio 44105.
    Best wishes

Artur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

Thank You Andrzejku you are great help.

?

Hello
    DEAR ANDRZEJKU
    Is it possible to information a MCC number,army number awarded to:
    Porucznik/Lieutenant Wiesław LASOCKI,unit 15 pułk ułanów poznańskich/15th regiment poznan lancers,born 17th novenber 1913 in Ciechanowiec,died 17th september 1996 in London.
    In 1939 Lieutenant LASOCKI was in the Reserve Brigade of cavalry Wolkowysk,unit:102 reserve regiment lancers.
    THANK YOU
    Best wishes
    Artur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross  

Hello Artur,

Many thanks for your post re: Major Wiesław Antoni Lasocki, when awarded the Monte Cassino Cross His details were as follows:

Surname : Lasocki

Christian Name : Wiesław Antoni

Date of Birth : 17th November 1913

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags): 1913-18-III

Unit : 15PULP

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 23602

After the end of the war he settled in the UK into the Polish Exile Community in London, where he wrote a number of Books in 1968 he wrote the following

Monte Cassino cross

Wojtek at Monte Cassino and then the History of the 25PUL in 1970

Monte Cassino cross

Wiesław Antoni Lasocki in later life in London.

I hope that the above information answers all your questions.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Mittra,

Many thanks for your post regarding the recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered: 12638 when awarded the recipients details were as follows:

Surname: Środa

Christian Name: Antoni

Date of Birth: 10th January 1910

Army Number: (also found on His ID Tags): 1910-23-III

Unit: 4BSK (4th Carpathian Rifle Battalion, 2nd Carpathian Rifle Brigade, 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division, 2nd Polish Corps).

By the end of the war Antoni Środa had been promoted to Plutonowy (Lance Sergeant) he then came to the United Kingdom with his Battalion was demobbed and in 1951 married Cecilie M Scurrah in Bradford.

Antoni Środa died on the 13th August 1978, whilst living at Flat 7, 8 Rochester Street, Shipley, West Yorkshire,

Cecilie M Środa (Born in 1917) died in 1993.

That is all the information I have been able to glean on this individual for you Mittra.

I have also attached copies of his Marriage, Death & Probate Entries for you

Best wishes

Andrzej

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

p.s. double click the photographs to enlarge in a new page

?

Hi do you have any information on Michael Kurylo?? He fought in Monte cassino then came to England! Kind regards, Tess

Hello Tessa,

I was glad to see that you are still with us, now with regards to Michal Kurylo I have found the following information from the Register of the Monte Cassino Cross when awarded his details were as follows:

Surname: Kurylo

Christian Name: Michał

Date of Birth: 1914

Army Number: (also found on His ID tags) : 1914-125-III

Unit: 15 Baon Strzelec (15th Rifle Battalion, 5th Kresowa (Frontier) Infantry Division)

Monte Cassino Cross Awarded Numbered: 17226

After the end of the war he came with his unit to the UK and settled down in 1960 he married Maria Grasso, Maria Kurylo (nee Grasso Born 1926) died in Swindon in 1994 and Michał died in Swindon in 2002.

Tessa I have also looked through the 5KDP Association yearly issued pamphlets that list the deaths of members from 2002-2009 unfortunately no mention of Michał.

I sincerely hope that the above information is of some use and help to you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. If you get time would you be able to post any photographs of your Grandfather Leon

?

Absolutely fantastic, thank you so much. That has helped more than you will ever know, also, thank you for replying so quickly with the information Andrzejku98.
    Can I ask you a question? My grandfather was in the Monte Cassino battle with his brother Sergiusz pilipczuk but when I asked you about my grandfather you gave me information about him and said there was 3 other pilipczuk' in the book! if I remember correctly, Sergiusz wasn't on the list! Do you know why he wouldn't be?? His date of birth was 1913. When I rang the ministry of defence they confirmed that they had his army papers there etc.
    I will upload photos soon, once again thank you 😊