Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 216 of 536 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 226 266 316 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 5356

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Hello ,
    Bought a Monte Cassino cross at the Peterborough Antiques festival today . I'm hoping it is authentic ( spotted so many general antiques fakes and repros , it is quite depressing ) , the dealer was a very pleasant chap and seemed knowledgeable / honest .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

Monte Cassino cross  

with 216 pages to go at......................... now, who it was awarded to........................ ? the main man has probably had his Horlicks by now !

Monte Cassino Commemorative Cross - Wikipedia
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

Attached Images Attached Images Monte Cassino cross  Monte Cassino cross 

Hello Hornetsfan,

Many thanks for your post with regards to the Monte Cassino Cross it is genuine and still has its original ribbon, at the time of the award the recipients details were as follows :

Surname : BRZOSTEK

Christian Name : Jan

Fathers Name : Feliks

Date of Birth : 1901

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1901-39-III

Unit : 10 Pułk Artylerii Ciężkiej (10th Heavy Artillery Regiment)

Jan was either a Regular or Reservist in the September Campaign, he was captured by the soviets in Równe on the 19th September 1939 and joined the Anders Army at Buzuluk on the 2nd September 1941. After the end of the war he came to the UK with his Regiment and died in 1977 in the Polish Displaced persons camp at Newton Abbot in Devon.

That is all that I was able to find for you on this individual

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Prosty zolnierz,

In answer to your question no I had not had my Horlicks, I had taken my Morphine

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

hello to everyone, I can find information for the mc cross 49135

thank you all

Hello Andrzej ,
    thank you so much for confirming the medal is authentic . I paid an "orignal medal " price .
    My partners son is in his first year with the Royal Artillery , so nice to feel that slight connection . He is about to start a very tough selection process for Airbourne artillery , just the thought of his harsh training regime makes me feel exhausted .
    "Polish Displaced persons camp at Newton Abbot " ..I did not know of such places existed so late into the 1970's . I have known several old Polish chaps who settled in England after the war .. Had assumed all were eventually provided with housing and found work in the years following WW2 . I hope the camp was a more pleasant place to live than it sounds .
    I shall keep an eye open at the British fairs for further Polish items . I collect the men's original photo albums , but will buy other interesting items to fund my filthy habit .
    Medal will be listed on the usual site in the coming days .. Hope it finds a good home with a Polish collector .
    Many thanks
    Jim

Hello Jim,

Many thanks for your reply, I can now add his exact date of Birth, which was 30th December 1901.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello DEAR Andrzejku & Everyone

HAPPY EASTER:WESOŁEGO ALLELUJA!!!

Monte Cassino cross

Best wishes

Artur

?

bye, happy Easter

information this original cross?

Monte Cassino cross

Hello Mittra,

Many thanks for your post unfortunately the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 49135 was not awarded, the Polish Government placed the order for 50,000 crosses to be produced. But only 48,821 plus some others were awarded, the rest were held by the Polish Government in Exile, who in the 1970's-1989 began selling these off to Medal dealers in London.

Best wishes

Andrzej