Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 268 of 535 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 278 318 368 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 5346

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

?

Hello DEAR Andrzejku

Lp.2087 in Żdanowicz's LIst:PIOTROWSKI Lucjan;rank wachmistrz/Sgt.Unit;11 szwadron żandarmerii,lived 10-200 Olsztyn.Born 1910.City in which I was in the army;JW 2839.ul Pstrowskiego.OLSZTYN.

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

About PIOTROWSKI HQ 5 KDP:

Monte Cassino cross

About PIOTROWSKI 14 BS:

Monte Cassino cross

About PIOTROWSKI 15 BS:

Monte Cassino cross

About PIOTROWSKI 16 BS:

Monte Cassino cross

About PIOTROWSKI 18 BS:

Monte Cassino cross

About PIOTROWSKI'S 4 PAL:

Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross

Best wishes

Artur
    Last edited by Wisnia; 12-15-2018 at 12:43 AM.

Andrzej,Artur thank you for help. I found it in the Hoover archive . Greetings.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross  

Hello Artur,

Many thanks for your post with reference to Lucjan Piotrowski, but if you view the table that you uploaded from Żdanowicz's book there is no mention of the award of the Monte Cassino Cross KMC. At the Battle for Monte Cassino there were approximately 48,800 Officers and Other Ranks awarded the MCC, but by the end of the conflict in Italy and the award of the 2nd Corps Badge the Corps had grown in size to over 110,000 personnel.

With regards to Lucjan Piotrowski, he may have been still recovering from the years in the hands of the soviets and not yet fit enough to fight on the front line. The only way to confirm this would be to obtain his service record from the British Ministry of Defence and it would not be free of charge if I remember correctly they charge £30.00p.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Gentlemen, Dear Andrzejek, Dear Artur
    , as you have probably noticed, most of my questions concern the 11th squadron of the Gendarmerie. I have a sentiment to this unit because my uncle Kazimierz Frankowski served in it. I am trying to create a list of soldiers of this unit, my uncle's colleagues. Maybe I can find the families of these soldiers. I am looking for photos and documents on which my uncle was. Thank you for your great help in creating this list and I hope for further cooperation
    today I am asking about Władysław Justkowski, born on 05.05.1912 in Żółkiew, probably the MMC number 47534.
    do you have any information about him?
    greetings
    Tomasz

Hello Tomasz,

Many thanks for your post, with reference to Władysław Justkowski, when awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 47534 His details were as follows :

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1912-53-III.

By the end of the War he had been promoted to Wachmistrz.

Tomasz I was looking for an item belonging to my son, when I came across a copy of a book I purchased nearly 30 years ago titled "Przyczynki do Historii Żandarmerii Odrodzonego Wojska Polskiego" by Władysław Wierzbicki. In it on pages 125 & 126 is a list of those Officers and Other Ranks that served in the 11th Squadron, I am busy tomorrow but hopefully I will scan these pages and post it for you on Tuesday.

Seasons Greetings to you Tomasz

Andrzej

?

Hello Everyone

Still remaining on the subject of the Military Police:

1.Identity card number 1552 Polish Army cpl.DUMA Feliks,army number 1914-297-III.The soldier was not awarded MCC:

Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross
    He died of woundsMonte Cassino cross

DUMA's fotos:

Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross

2.Śp Sgt BEZPAŁKO Feliks:born 1908 in Tarnopol.He died of wounds 16th May 1944.Buried in polish cemetery in Monte Cassino.Grave 2-E-2.Was awarded MCC.Unit6p.2 BPanc.

Monte Cassino cross
    Sgt.Bezpałko Feliks.

Monte Cassino cross
    Bezpałko's Legit,badge 6 InfDiv.

Monte Cassino cross
    The Book of the fallen polish soldiers-note.

Monte Cassino cross
    Bezpałko's monograph p6p-note.

Monte Cassino cross
    Bezpałko's Monte Cassino cemetery grave.

3.Strz.ŁUCZAK Franciszek;army number 1908-28-III.Unit:18 BS;5 KDP.MCC number 19608.

Monte Cassino cross
    Łuczak's Legit,badge 6 InfDiv.

Best wishes

Artur

Hi everyone

I am looking for information about a soldier: BUKOWSKI JAN - 1901/10, st. sierż. 3 karpacki batalion łączności. He fought at Monte Cassino, returned to the country after the war. He comes from my city.
    Andrzej, I am asking for help. Thank you.
    Best wishes, Ted

Hello Ted,

Many thanks for your post re : Jan Bukowski, at the time of the award of the Monte Cassino Cross his details were as follows :

Surname : Bukowski

Christian Name : Jan

Date of Birth : 1901

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1901-10-III

Unit : 3 Karpacki Batalion Łączności (3rd Carpathian Signals Battalion)

Awarded Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 2665.

Ted I will see what other information is available on the internet and post accordingly

Seasons greetings

Andrzej

Hello Ted,

I have found some more information for you, that is that Sierzant Jan Bukowski was in the Samodzielna Brygada Strzelców Karpackich Carpathian Brigade Łączności that fought at the fortress of Tobruk.

No doubt one of the other Forum members will be able to assist you with the SBSK Badge Number and his Brigade Service Number.

Apart from that I can conform the following by his service he would have received the following British Awards (Medals and Stars) for his service :

Monte Cassino cross

1939-1945 Star.

Monte Cassino cross

Africa Star

Monte Cassino cross

Italy Star

Monte Cassino cross

1939-1945 Defence Medal

Monte Cassino cross

1939-1945 War Medal

For his service in the Samodzielna Brygada Strzelców Karpackich (Independent Carpathian Rifle Brigade) and the Carpathian Rifle Division in Italy he would have received the following Polish Awards :

Monte Cassino cross

Medal Wojska (Army Medal)

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino Cross

Ted with regards to Jan Bukowski being born in 1901 he would have been old enough to have fought in 1918-1921 with the newly created Polish Army. It might be worth a letter to the Army Records Centre at Rembertów, to check if he did fight and if he stayed in the Army after that.

That's all that I have found for you Ted, I hope that it is of some use and help to you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello Everyone

Monte Cassino cross
    [B]BUKOWSKI Jan;Ł in monography SBSK number:1090.SBSK badge number:412.

Monte Cassino cross
    BUKOWSKI Stanisław;U;next unit:Pułk Ułanów Karpackich.Promoted to the rank plutonowy.

Monte Cassino cross
    BUKOWSKI Jan,Sap;next unit:3 batalion saperów;3 DSK.Promoted to the rank:sierżant/Sgt.Army number:1905-164-III.

Monte Cassino cross
    BUKOWSKI Ignacy,P;next unit:2 kompania warsztatowa;3 DSK.Promoted to the rank plutonowy/L.sgt.Army number:1914-23-III.Awarded KW.

Monte Cassino cross
    BUKOWSKI Kazimierz,Ł;next unit:3 batalion łączności;3 DSK.Promoted to the rank kapral/Cpl.Army number:1910-7-III.

Best wishes

Artur