Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 32 of 536 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 132 532 ... LastLast

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

?

Dear Andrzejku,
    Absolutely amazing and I am almost embarrassed to ask you just to confirm that MCC Nr: 42737-43169 - 3 Szpital Wojenny is in fact a 3 and not a 2. I am confident you are right but I need to know that the other list is so very wrong!
    Best regards, Mark OSTRO

Dear Mark,

It is in fact 3

Best wishes

Andrzejku

?

?

I'm amazed at the wonderful revelations coming up from all this, thanks to our own amazing Andrekjku, I wish I had more revelations to add. Thank you so much, best to all.

The MCC threads are proof that the MMC data/information put together mainly by our erstwhile Andrekjk (together with recent contributions from Mark) needs to be published by PISM or whomever sooner rather than later. If it is a question of PISM not having the funds or internal resources maybe we of the Polish interest section could help provide funds and resources to get the publication of the complete searchable dataset out. I would be happy to contribute either for such a worthwhile project, and could probably find additional funding from others in the London Polish emigre organisations/community also.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Dear StefanM
    I'm not even sure that money is needed, more a willingness to do it. One website with the dates all that is needed. Even a freebie site would suffice... Once the data is up, it would become very well known very quickly. Some just needs to take the first step! Even if it involved typing out the names... And Andrzeju says it is already on CD... Enough volunteers could be found. I've just done 5000 names in the last three weeks (... Just keeping my options open in case PISM don't do it this time around - shades of 2009 again).

Regards, Mark OSTRO

Dear Mark,

I am interested in knowing where you obtained your 5,000 names from ?

Best wishes

Andrzejku

p.s. do you live in the UK or the US

?

Dear Andrzejku, You would be surprised how many queries you have answered on this forum. I've been through them all, plus People on Kresy_Siberia have sent me a few lists from their research, plus if you type in Monte Cassino Cross in a search engine what you get.... Picture of certificates... Odd references... This coupled with my anal personality means the numbers soon mount up. you get a battalion here ... A couple of companies there... A name and number there!
    And, to answer your question, from the UK now Middle East based. regards, Mark OSTRO

Oh... Should have added, I've been collecting names since the 2009 debacle with PISM... Just in case. I've now been typing them for three weeks. That's how sad I am!!!!!

?

Dear Andrzejku,
    While we are on the subject, I might ask you the same question. Where did you get your 50,000 names from?
    Regards, Mark

Dear Mark,

I was given my copy by Dr. Andrzej Suchcitz, and provided the PISM with modern copies of the originals, as you must be aware the war time quality of paper nowdays means that is very fragile to handle.

i undertook the work for the PISM under Copyright law etc and have given them my work for free, they have sole ownership of my work, before the Polish Government in Exile handed back everything to the Warsaw Government of the IIIRP, you had to provide proof that the cross you were requesting information on was indeed awarded to a Family Member.

People have often commented on the internet that once the list is published Andrzejku can go back into his little box after providing details of the recipients but when pushed to say where the information came from I would not reply.

We will just have to be patient and wait to see when it is published, I appreciate that it has been a long time coming, but when Forum members have asked for information on recipients I have always given it freely.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Page 32 of 536 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 132 532 ... LastLast