Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 338 of 351 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 3506

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

?

Thank you, dziekuje bardzo Andrzej.

Dear All,

Can you please help me as to who was the recepiant of Monte Cassino Cross number 896? Thank you.

Hello Sarmatia,

About Monte Cassino Cross number 896 look at the post number #2242, Andrzej's post number #2243 and also 2 next posts number #2244 and #2245 in this thread.

Regards
    Konrad

Hello Sarmatia,

Many thanks for your post the details of the Recipient are below :

Plut.sp. Franciszek Kwaśnik, Born 12th (or 2nd) December 1915, killed in action 12th May 1944, buried in grave 2-D-20 at Monte Cassino Polish War Cemetery, Army Number : 1915-59-III, Unit : 2BSK.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

You probably know this story yet despite this I will allow myself to present it.

So I would like to refer to Andrzej's post number #3346 regarding the Kpt. Władysław Konstanty Drelicharz (MCC nr 28999). He was the originator of the symbol of the 4th Armoured Regiment - "Scorpion". While the painter of the symbol was Por. Mieczysław Białkiewicz (MCC nr 28992). They both were form 2nd Squadron of the 4th Armoured Regiment.

Monte Cassino cross

Por. Mieczysław Białkiewicz (2nd on the left) with the crew of the M4 Sherman "Pięść II". A painted Scorpion is visible on the tank's tower.

Por. Mieczysław Białkiewicz recalls: "There was a lot of scorpions in our desert camp [on the Egyptian desert]. Not once we were observe their fights with much larger tarantula spiders, which ended in various ways, but always the scorpion showed greater courage and will to fight - he charged like a tank. Władek [Kpt. Władysław Drelicharz] then said to me - Mieciu, paint such a scorpion on my tank, it will be our sign! Done! This idea was enthusiastically received by the entire squadron and during the day all tanks had a scorpion on the towers. Over time, the sign was adopted for the entire 4th Armoured Regiment."

Regards
    Konrad
    Last edited by conrado; 01-05-2020 at 09:33 PM.

Hello All,

I came across this Monte Cassino Cross in "Bolonia 1945" Wawer, Kondracki, Skotnicki book. I have checked by Name and Numbered that it is not duplicated in this thread.

Monte Cassino cross Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross Monte Cassino cross

Above Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 30757 - Recipient Kpr. pchor., Ppor. Józef Natali, born in 1921 in Lwów, commander of the tank in 1st platoon O.R. (Reconnaissance Unit), then 2nd squadron in 6th Armoured Regiment "Dzieci Lwowskich". In 1948 he returned to Poland and lived in Częstochowa. Also awarded KW.

Major Bohdan Tymieniecki, Deputy Commander of the 2nd Corps Armored Brigade, which included Józef's regiment, writes in the book "Na imię jej było Lily (Her name was Lily)": "Finally, tanks are coming, direction Bologna. These few in the reconnaissance rides really like crazy. How do they have been survived so far? After all, this Wojtczak [Ppor. Edward Wojtczak - Józef's dear friend] and Natali are almost walking on their hands. They are organizing races in this war."

Near Piedimonte San Germano his tank M3/M5 Stuart called "Lucyper" run into mine and Józef was seriously wounded. As a result he became an invalid.

Monte Cassino cross

Above paramedics of the 2nd Polish Corps next to the sanitary vehicle built on the basis of the M3 Stuart "Lucyper" Pchor. Wojtczak's tank during the Piedimonte operation. The tank driver was St. panc. later Kpr. Władysław Stefanik - he probably stands in the foreground (Army Number 1922-209-III, MCC Numbered 30845, KW x2, Medal Wojska, Italian: Croce al Merito de Guerra (War Merit Cross)).

And something more about two friends Ppor. Józef Natali and Ppor. Edward Wojtczak in reference to today's Epiphany (Święto Trzech Króli):

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Above Kpr. pchor. later Ppor. Edward Wojtczak (Army Number 1921-115-III, MCC Numbered ?????, KW x2, KZzM, Italian: C.V.M., Croce al Merito de Guerra (War Merit Cross)) from the 6th Armored Regiment of "Dzieci Lwowskich" as Santa Claus drives with a girl dressed as an angel on the M3/M5 Stuart tank called "Lucyper" to the children in Bibbiena (near Arezzo).
    Kpr. pchor. later Ppor. Józef Natali was a commander of this tank.

Regards
    Konrad

Andrzejku,

Could I have some information regarding MCCs: 12675 and 46382. Thank you.

Happy New Year to all members of the forum.

?

Hello

MCC number 12675 was awarded to starszy strzelec SAFAR Wacław;4 BS;3 DSK.

Because the post is not addressed to me, I do not give any more details...

Best wishes

Artur

Hello ProPatria,

Many thanks for your post the Recipients details are as follows :

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 12675

Surname : Safar

Christian Name : Wacław

Date of Birth : 1924

Army Number : 1924-1-III

Unit : 4BSK, 3DSK.

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 46382

Surname Antczak

Christian Name : Józef

Date of Birth : 1899

Army Number : 1899-15-III

Unit : 375PP (375th Field Laundry)

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello,

As a supplement to my previous post numbered #3376:

After the war Ppor. Józef Tadeusz Natali was an adjutant of culture for a year and a half. He organized help for the population in the province of Macerata in Italy.

In 1946 he was in the headquarters protection unit of General Anders. Next he left for Great Britain. After demobilization, he worked near London.
    Ppor. Edward Wojtczak, a Józef's dear friend from the tank crew, was after the war in London the editor and publisher of the Polish magazine "Fotorama". He also printed Józef's poems and sketches there (Józef was famous for his sense of humor).

He returned to Poland in 1948 (he was already a Captain, but the nomination signed by General Bór-Komorowski was concealed).

After returning to his homeland first he settled in Kielce with his brother Stanisław. He had an English driving license, so he got employed as a driver. Next he moved to Częstochowa where he got married with Jadwiga in 1966. They had a daughter Małgorzata.

He often met with young people in the Anders School Complex and the Catholic Junior High School.

Monte Cassino cross

Kpt. Józef Natali worships the School's banner

He was also awarded Krzyż Kawalerski Orderu Odrodzenia Polski and Srebrny Krzyż Zasługi for professional and social activities.

He died in Częstochowa on June 27, 2008.

Regards
    Konrad