Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 35 of 536 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 135 535 ... LastLast

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

?

Dear Andrzejku,
    As always, thanks for your help. Since I don’t know when to stop... and since we are talking artillery... I have still have three regiments to account for between 34961-37518 and I am pretty sure they come in this order:
    7th Anti-Tank Regiment 7 Pułk Artylerii Przeciwpancernej
    7th Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment 7 Pułk Artylerii Przeciwlotniczej Lekkiej
    8th Heavy Anti-Aircraft Regiment 8 Pułk Artylerii Przeciwlotniczej Ciężkiej
    I know they end there because 37519 is the 1st Artillery Survey regiment we talked about before. I’m trying to get as much done as possible since I would like to put the whole list up for the 18th... mark the end of the battle! If you could... that would be great!
    Best regards, Mark OSTRO

?

Dear Kosa, What you are saying might well be true and I agree that "section" is better, but it does seem that the staff were part of the 2nd Artillery Group’s Command structure rather than actually being part of any regiment. Since there were only 29 men on the staff perhaps their job was to direct fire from which ever regiment was nearer against enemy artillery batteries.
    Regards, Mark

Dear Mark,

With regards to the 2nd Corps Artillery MCC awards are as follows:

MCC Nr: 34961-34978 - Dowodztwo Artylerii 2 Korpusu

MCC Nr: 34979-35657 - 7 Pulk Artylerii Ppanc.

MCC Nr: 35658- 36543 - 7 Pulk Artylerii Plot. Lekkiej

MCC Nr: 36544-37518 - 8 Pulk Artylerii Plot.Lekkiej

Mark, I hope that this answers your questions on the 2nd Corps Artillery, with regards to your email please put: courtesy of Andrzej and the Polish Institute and General Sikorski Museum.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

?

Dear Andrzej, again... Many thanks and happy to comply with your wishes. Best regards, Mark

?

Dear Andrzejku,

So, Infantry done, Armour done, Artillery done, Medical Services done... just a couple more to go...Engineers and Transport/Supply. “Is this man never satisfied,” I hear you ask!!!
    1 – Cross 39669 is the start of 10 Bridging Company... but where does it end? Would I be right in assuming that the units above this is 10 Engineering Battalion (from 38761) and the one after is 10 Bomb Disposal Platoon?
    2 – Crosses 43521 to 45923 (actually 2059 crosses) are designated for Transport and Supply but sadly my information is very poor here. 2000 soldiers should be about 4 or 5 companies. I know the 29 Ambulance Company is in there somewhere at the end of this section and 24 Transport Company should be there, as should the 22 Artillery Supply Company (the one with Wojtek the Bear) but I really am struggling with this one.

Any help with these? Last one for today – promise!!!
    As always, best regards, Mark

Hello Everyone,

I found the following on the net and thought that I would share it with you all

Monte Cassino cross

Poster advertising events to mark the 70th Anniversary of the Battle and Capture of the Abbey

Monte Cassino cross

Painting of Polish Troops at Monte Cassino

Monte Cassino cross

Stamp issued by the Polish Post Office to mark the 70th Anniversary

Monte Cassino cross

First Day Cover

Monte Cassino cross

Another painting showing Polish troops in action at Monte Cassino

Thats all for today,

Best wishes

Andrzejku

p.s. click on the Poster and Painting to enlarge in a new window

?

My own tribute:

Monte Cassino cross

Best regards, OSTRO

?

Default Jeździłem z rozkazami

Monte Cassino cross

Rozmowa z kapitanem Wacławem Pruchnickim, 100-letnim uczestnikiem walk o Monte Cassino.

Can anyone help me i have two requests for information the first is that i own a set of medals to Kapr. Jan MATYJASIK of the 3 DSK I believe he is entitled to the Monte Cassino Cross but its not with the group of medals can anyone tell me if im correct or not? I have lots of documents etc to him confirming all his other awards - if more information is needed please someone let me know and i will find it from the paperwork i have.

The second question is that i have a Monte Cassino Cross Number 35909 and i would like to know who it was issued to and any other information i can find out as well - I am positive this was not awarded to Jan Matyjasik as its in the wrong number range for the 3DSK.

I do hope someone can help me, im desperate to make sure that these two inidividuals details/medals are correct as they both gave so much for us.

?

Hello Lee,
    I think you will find that he was not entitled to the MCC, I too checked when I had the group.
    It would have been listed on his MOD war record sheet. (look under Polish awards towards the base of the page.)

Cheers

Gary J.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross  

Page 35 of 536 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 135 535 ... LastLast