Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 536 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 505 ... LastLast

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Geraldo
    ?

Default re: Monte Cassino cross

To anyone that may be interested the Monte Cassino group that I have shown was awarded to Jozef Banasiuk., and will be offered for auction, with the rest of my collection, or perhaps that should read hoard, at Stroud Auctions, in the UK, on 9th May., Stroud Auction Rooms - Gloucestershire's leading saleroom , which is a live , online auction.;

Many thanks to Andrzejku for the identification.

Hi SoldadoRaso,

In answer to your question who was awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered: 24716,

Surname: KIEZIK

Christian Name: Antoni

Date of Birth: 1906

Army Number: 1906/288/III

Unit: z 5 Baonu C.K.M. (5th Heavy Machine Gun Battalion, 5th Kresowa Infantry Division, 2nd Polish Corps)

I also checked on Find my past and found a Antoni Kiezik who died in Salisbury, Wiltshire in 1958.

I hope that the above information is of some use and help.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

?

Andrzejku, please be so kind as to help me find out who the original owner of a Monte Cassino cross # 21689 was.

Regards,
    Pit

zet
    ?

Here is originall dokument to award for plut.Marian Kletowski he was my granduncle.I have a lot papers and pics of him.Please contact me if You have originall his award .All the best TedMonte Cassino cross
    Last edited by zet; 05-25-2012 at 11:46 PM.

zet
    ?

Monte Cassino crossPic with the unit he is 4 from the left

Hello Ted and welcome to the forum.

Very nice original photo, that same image can be found on pg. 15 of Walczace Skorpiony. Is your uncle the fourth from the left standing, the man with the firm jaw? What did he do in the regiment? I also had a great uncle in 4 Pulk Pancerny 'Skorpion' he was a tank mechanic with the LAD in No. 3 Squadron his name was (plut) Michal Krzywoszanski.

Look forward to hearing from you.
    Chris.........
    Last edited by ChrisW01; 05-26-2012 at 06:18 AM.

Hi new member here, please could I ask if it is possible to identify the recipient of the Monte cassino cross number 25238 which I have just purchased along with some 5th Infantry division insignia, hopefully I will be able to post a picture here when I work out how to do !
    Thanks yours in collecting
    Last edited by chchelseadog; 05-26-2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: error

Hi Pit,

In answer to your question who was awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered:21689, the recipient was:

Surname:SAWCZUK

Christian Name: JEFIM

Date of Birth: 1913

Army Number: 1913-264-III

Unit: z 6 Pulku Artylerii Lekkiej, 5KDP.

There is a Jefim Sawczuk who died in Rochdale, Lancashire in 1994.

Thats all the information that I could find.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Hi chchelseadog,

Welcome to the forum, you asked who was awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered: 25238, the recipient of the Cross was:

Surname:BIBIK

Christian Name: Stanislaw

Date of Birth: 1914

Army Number: 1914-195-III

Unit: z Dowodztwa Saperow 5KDP.

Fathers Name: Aleksander Bibik.

Stanislaw was arrested in Lwow on the 22nd September 1939, sent to a camp on the 8th October 1939 in Lwow, escaped 16th January 1940 was Re-Arrested 14th July 1940 released after the Germans invaded Russia in July 1941 and joined the Anders Army in Tockoje on the 2nd September 1941.

There is a Stanislaw Bibik listed as marrying in Tavistock, Devon in 1951, and a Stanislaw Bibik is listed as dying in 2000 in West Devon.

I hope that the above information is of some use and help.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Quote by zet View Post
    . . . plut.Marian Kletowski he was my granduncle.I have a lot papers and pics of him. . .
    Hello Ted, and welcome to the forum! Thanks for your posts. Please don't stop there - keep posting more of your grand uncle's items!

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 5 of 536 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 505 ... LastLast