Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 55 of 536 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 105 155 ... LastLast

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Default Monte Cassino Cross recoipient Jan Stykuć

Have just been sent these images of Jan Stykuć - Monte Cassino Cross # 25863

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Dear BasiaS,

Many thanks for your post, unfortunately I can not provide any more information on your Father. What I would advise you is to contact the following:

1) Polish Army Records Centre in Rembertow near Warsaw (for your Fathers Service Record pre September 1939)

2) British Ministry of Defence (Polish) Record Section, (Because 2nd Corps came under British Command)

The British M-o-D now charge around £25.00p and require proof that you are your his Daughter, also copies of his and your Mothers Death Certificate, they require a bit of proof. (but be aware that all you might receive from them is either a 1 or 2 Page letter, be sure to ask for copy of all records British and Polish that they might have.

This unfortunate event is because of the 75 Year Military Disclosure Law covering Military Records in the UK.

I wish you the very best in this endeavour and hope that you recieive the information you require.

Best wishes

Andrzej

jacekski
    ?

Hello,
    I'm looking for any information about my grandfather Wacław Skrzeczkowski during WW2, he served in 2 Carpathian Regiment of Light Artillery (2PAL) no 1906/25

Best wishes

Jacek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

Monte Cassino cross  

?

Default Mcc

Hi everyone in this thread.
    With great surprise I found this forum. I have my grandfather medals, among them MCC number 13120.
    Maybe you could help identifing his regiment ? I do not know much as grandfather died before my birth.
    He and his brother served in Anders army and mjr Skoczen was his commander as military police unit.
    Thank you in advance.
    Rgds

P.S. Attached photos of his MCC.Monte Cassino cross[ATTACH=CONFIG]769682
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross  

Hello Joanna,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, with regards to the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 13120 this Cross was awarded to:

Surname: TURKIEWICZ

Christian Name: MIECZYSLAW

Date of Birth: 1911

Army Number (Also found on his ID tags): 1911-9-III

Unit: 3KSZand (3rd Carpathian Military Police Squadron).

That is all that I could find on your Grandfather, I sincerely hope that it is of some use to you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. Altogether there were 8 Turkiewicz's awarded the Monte Cassino Cross apart from your Grandfather there was:

Jozef Born 1915, Kazimierz Born 1901, Marian Born 1917, Piotr Born 1911, Ryszard Born 1924, Wilhelm Born 1914, Wladyslaw Born 1915.

If any of the above where is Brother let me know and I will post his details for you.

Andrzej

?

To andrzejku98:

Thank you very much ! For quick and detailed info.
    Grandfather's brother name - Wilhelm (dob 1914).
    I found info abt him in Zbigniew Wawer's book "From Buzuluk to Monte Cassino"
    Photo attchd.
    Ryszard (dob 12/16/25) is far cousin.
    I will be gratefull if you could send me some info about them too.
    Thank you in advance.
    Rgds.

Monte Cassino cross

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Joanna,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, with regards to the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 13120 this Cross was awarded to:

Surname: TURKIEWICZ

Christian Name: MIECZYSLAW

Date of Birth: 1911

Army Number (Also found on his ID tags): 1911-9-III

Unit: 3KSZand (3rd Carpathian Military Police Squadron).

That is all that I could find on your Grandfather, I sincerely hope that it is of some use to you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. Altogether there were 8 Turkiewicz's awarded the Monte Cassino Cross apart from your Grandfather there was:

Jozef Born 1915, Kazimierz Born 1901, Marian Born 1917, Piotr Born 1911, Ryszard Born 1924, Wilhelm Born 1914, Wladyslaw Born 1915.

If any of the above where is Brother let me know and I will post his details for you.

Andrzej

Hello Joanna,

Porucznik (Lieutenant) Wilhelm Turkiewicz, Born 1914, Army Number (also found on his ID Tags): 1914-117-III, Unit: 3KPPpanc (3rd Capathian Anti Tank Artillery Regiment), ended the War with the Cross of Valour and Bar, Monte Cassino Cross Numbered: 1934

St.Panc Ryszard Turkiewicz, Army Number: 1924-23-III, Unit: P6Panc (6th Armoured Regiment) Monte Cassino Cross Numbered: 30902.

Wilhelm was born in Swiatyn in Stanislawow Province the Son of Jan and Maria, whilst Mieczyslaw was born in Horodenka also in Stanislawow Province on the 27th October 1911 and died on 7th July 1961 in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Both Mieczyslaw and Wilhelm arrived in Argentina from Southampton on Friday 2nd April 1948.

That is all that I could find for you, I sincerely hope that it is of some use and help.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

To andrzejku98:

Thank you for the information given, some of them are new.
    Having their Army Numbers now, I shall look for more in archives I suppose.

Tks and rgds.

Tadeusz Mastalski
    9/11/1919 (Lwów, Poland) – 25/11/2014 (Preston, England).
    3DSK.
    RIP

Monte Cassino Cross # 9263

Monte Cassino cross

Hello Jacek,

May I be the first to welcome you to War Relics and thank you for attaching the photographs of your Grandfathers Legitymacja, the only information that I had on your Grandfather Waclaw was his Rank and details of his award of the Monte Cassino Cross and that he ended the War as a Kapral (Corporal).

To obtain any further information it might be wise to contact the British Ministry of Defence (Polish Records) section to check if they have your Grandfathers Records if they have, unfortunately there is a charge and you need to supply Proof of Relationship to Waclaw.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Page 55 of 536 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 105 155 ... LastLast