MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 535 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 106 506 ... LastLast

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Default re: Monte Cassino cross

wow ! thank you I never expected so much information.
    The cross came with a Polish war medal and enamel type medal ribbon bar which has a purple and white striped ribbon, which I presume is another award ? the monte cassino cross 39-45 star, italy star defence and war medals a 5 infantry breast type badge and a smaller 5 th infantry diamond shaped badge and some cloth polish eagles and shoulder titles i wil take a photo and post it.
    Thanks again for this fantastic information and I hope I can find some more information out about this brave soldier . I purchased the goup in Devon England so it must be him.
    Again thanks for the quick and great information
    Kind regards
    Brian

?

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hi Pit,

In answer to your question who was awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered:21689, the recipient was:

Surname:SAWCZUK

Christian Name: JEFIM

Date of Birth: 1913

Army Number: 1913-264-III

Unit: z 6 Pulku Artylerii Lekkiej, 5KDP.

There is a Jefim Sawczuk who died in Rochdale, Lancashire in 1994.

Thats all the information that I could find.

Best wishes

Andrzejku
    Andrzejku, MANY THANKS!

Regards,
    Pit.

?

Off topic but this is sick...A dealer sells a Monte Cassino cross Id card # 18994 and a cross # 18994 in separate listingsā€¦

LEGITYMACJA ODZNAKA MONTE CASSINO! ! !

KRZYZ KRZYŻ MONTE CASSINO ! ! !

Quote by Taurus View Post
    Off topic but this is sick...A dealer sells a Monte Cassino cross Id card # 18994 and a cross # 18994 in separate listingsā€¦
    Yes, sad to see this sort of thing. A common tactic used to generate a more profitable return. They've survived together as a pair for almost 70 years and now risk being split up. Sad.

T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi Piotr,

In answer to your question about obtaining a duplicat Legitymacja from the Sikorski Museum in London, these Legitymacja's were issued with the Monte Cassino Crosses and if lost by the recipient whilst still serving in the 2nd Corps a replacement may have been issued.

Sorry that I can not help you with this one, as Tony has pointed out on Allegro a seller is selling the Monte Cassino Cross and Legitymacja seperately to get the most money.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Attachment 352666 hope this works this is the medal and badges as purchased Nice grouping I think.

Quote by chchelseadog View Post
    wow ! thank you I never expected so much information.
    The cross came with a Polish war medal and enamel type medal ribbon bar which has a purple and white striped ribbon, which I presume is another award ? the monte cassino cross 39-45 star, italy star defence and war medals a 5 infantry breast type badge and a smaller 5 th infantry diamond shaped badge and some cloth polish eagles and shoulder titles i wil take a photo and post it.
    Thanks again for this fantastic information and I hope I can find some more information out about this brave soldier . I purchased the goup in Devon England so it must be him.
    Again thanks for the quick and great information
    Kind regards
    Brian

zet
    ?

Thank You all for nice words and welcome.First I have to say due to my health problems I cannot post documents very quickly.
    I want to make a post to tribute my grand uncle Marian Kletowski.My english is not so well so please help me to translate what I missed.
    First post and document is a certificate of course completion distillery.It is the oldest document which I have.Attachment 353806

zet
    ?

Second document is a certificate of work signed by my grand grand father .My grand grand father Eugeniusz Januszkiewicz was property manager of Henryk Wysocki in Grabki .Later he was his father in law.Attachment 353807

zet
    ?

next memorabilia is very intersting his own diary. If someone want to translate to english it will be very helpfull.I have problems sometimes to read it far away from translation.Monte Cassino crossMonte Cassino crossMonte Cassino cross

Hey Ted you might want to re-post these last two image attachments no. 353806 and 353806 they come up as an invalid link.
    Am also curious which fellow is your uncle, is he the one with the firm jaw and what was his job in the regiment?

Chris...........

Page 6 of 535 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 106 506 ... LastLast