Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 81 of 536 FirstFirst ... 31 71 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 91 131 181 ... LastLast

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Jan & Henek Dobrodumow,

Apologies for the late reply please find attached the Original list bearing your Fathers/ Grandfathers details, click on the image to open in a new page.

Monte Cassino cross

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Very many thanks Andrzej for your very thorough reply. You are so kind, and as your bill is in the post my wallet is open ready to say help yourself. Seriously though, your reply has been enormously helpful as always and is much appreciated.
    Best wishes to all,
    Dragon

Hello,

I would like to know about MC Cross owner, with number 25 696. I know that it was a soldier of 5th battalion of sappers. He received Virtuti Militari and Cross of Valour.

Thanx for help.

Best Regards

ArmiaPolska

Hello ArmiaPolska,

Many thanks for your post, in answer to your question at the time of the award the recipients details are as follows:

Surname: NOWICKI

Christian name: BONIFACY

Date of Birth: 1904

Army Number (also found on His ID Tags): 1904-31-III

Unit: Dowodztwo Saperow 5KDP.

Also just to let you know the Number of his Silver Cross Virtuti Militari : 10931

I hope that the above is of some use and help to you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Andrzejku98
    You have in the past kindly put names to medal numbers for me.
    I intend to publish a website focusing on monte cassino medals.
    montecassinocross.com
    Is it possible to obtain a list of recipients. Thanks.
    Boguslaw.

Hello Boguslaw,

Many thanks for your post, unfortunately the Recipients list for the Monte Cassino Cross will at some point be published in book form by the PISM who own the Copyright to it.

So unfortunately I am unable to help you further in this matter.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thank you for your reply. It is strange that after 70 years this information is not available to the public. You either have to wait 6 months to get a reply from PISM or rely on your good nature for the information. Surely we owe it to the brave recipients for this information to be available generally. I understand the PISM have limited resources, this could be helped by publishing a book. How long do they need. You say the information is copyrighted, which is strange as pages have been published.

Hello Boguslaw,

Many thanks for your post, upto 1990 it was impossible to obtain the name and details of a recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross unless you could prove that you where a relative.

When the Polish Government in Exile handed back to the IIIRP all the records that they had they handed a copy of the MCC Reciepints list to the PISM.

I offered to copy theses records on to computer disc and supply a printed copy too the PISM, which I did last year.

I apologize, but I will not disclose or supply to any one the list of recipients.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Andrzejku98

What can I say, you and PISM hold the aces. I do not understand this cloak and dagger stuff.

Surely by giving information on individual numbers you are disclosing the list piecemeal.

It is like telling a child you can not have the packet of sweets but if you ask I will give you one sweet.

PISM archive file AX11/85/214 folders 1-19 for some reason is not in the archive list on the PISM website---I wonder why.

As an old polish soldier once said, the Poles are brave fighters but admin is not our strength.

Boguslaw
    Last edited by Boguslaw; 10-09-2015 at 06:38 PM.

Hi Andrzej, no need to apologize as it is understood that you are bound by copyright law not to disclose the list. But I do sympathize with Boguslaw’s frustration at the snail’s pace that the PISM moves at. Yes, they are supposedly underfunded, short staffed and all that, but its more than a bit perplexing that this list had not been published decades ago. Also, I’d llke to get to the bottom of rumours that the existence of the list has deliberately been suppressed. Until only five or six years ago it was widely thought (me included) that there was no extant list. It's all quite strange.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 81 of 536 FirstFirst ... 31 71 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 91 131 181 ... LastLast