Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 88 of 536 FirstFirst ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 98 138 188 ... LastLast

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

My point is that obtaining the information from PISM is very cumbersome. I do not expect Andrzejku to give me a copy.

But after 70 years this information should be readily available to honour the brave soldiers that fought there.

I cannot understand why one private individual should have a copy and divulge 'copyright' information when asked.

I do a lot of work for local charity shops but would not expect to hold a copy of their profit and loss account.

Boguslaw,

I must commend you on your work in local charity shop's, I myself used to be the Chairman of a registered Childrens Charity so we have both done and doing our bit.

My question of where you obtained the opinion that there was no list in existence is a valid one if only to point you in the right direction of the correct information.

I obtained the copy of the MCC List from the PISM so that I could work on it on a voluntary basis, because at that time I was in full time employment and did not live in London.

When each batch of records was completed and printed I took them to the PISM.

The list of Polish Soldiers killed during WW2 in the west was published in book format in 1952 by the Historical Society of the Sikorski Museum.

I sincerely hope that this answers all your questions.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Andrzej could I trouble you check if a Monte Cassino Cross was issued to a Max Szulbank ?

Chris......

Hello Chris,

Many thanks for your post I have looked through the MCC Recipients list and could find no SZULBANK Maksymilian.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Chris,

Many thanks for your post I have looked through the MCC Recipients list and could find no SZULBANK Maksymilian.

Andrzej
    Thanks Andrzej

If I can indulge you a bit further, I've learned the individuals' first and last name had alternate spellings and was anglicized.

Could you check for a
    Melech Shulbank (or) Szulbank
    Elimelech Shulbank (or) Szulbank

Thanks
    Chris.......
    Last edited by ChrisW01; 01-26-2016 at 12:58 AM.

Hello Chris,

No problem, I have looked through again there were only 2 recipients with their Surname begining with SH listed they were Kpt. S M SHEYBAL and Kan R SHOLSKI.

Could it be that he enlisted under an assumed name ?

Best wishes

Andrzej

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    No problem, I have looked through again there were only 2 recipients with their Surname begining with SH listed they were Kpt. S M SHEYBAL and Kan R SHOLSKI. Could it be that he enlisted under an assumed name ?
    Not sure Andrzej but thanks for checking. The gentleman for whom I'm asking on behalf of is in the process of obtaining his fathers army records. We'll have to wait and see what the records say.
    Chris.....

Hey Andrzej apologies for pestering but this chap is a bit of a mystery, are there any Szulbank are on the MCC list?
    Chris.....

Hello Chris,

No problem at all, I have gone through the Alphabetical list which is listed as follows:

SZUL, SZULAK, SZULAKOWSKI, SZULAR, SZULBORSKI, SZULC.

Unfortunately no listed of a SZULBANK.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thanks again Andrzej !

Page 88 of 536 FirstFirst ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 98 138 188 ... LastLast