Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 96 of 535 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 106 146 196 ... LastLast

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

asgardBragi,

Many thanks for your post, I did state that the information gleaned about Michal after the end of the war was from Ancestry.com.

If you require further information about his war service you would have to obtain a copy of his service record from the British M-o-D (Ministry of Defence).

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

I just thought that you might like to see the following found on the internet :

Monte Cassino cross

Podpulkownik (Lt.Colonel) Wladyslaw Kaminski 13 BS British Awards Legit

Monte Cassino cross

Podpulkownik (Lt.Colonel) Wladyslaw Kaminski Burial record

Monte Cassino cross

St.Sierzant (Staff Sergeant) Jan Zwierzchowski 15 BS British Awards Legit obv

Monte Cassino cross

St.Sierzant (Staff Sergeant) Jan Zwierzchowski 15BS British Awards Legit rev

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Dear Andrzej, I wonder whether you could help me? My father died two years ago and I have slowly been going through his possessions. I have found a Monte Cassino Maj 1944 cross with the number 15035 and I wonder whether you have any information on this cross and who it was issued to? I think it was probably given to my grandfather, Piotr Kozlowski (my father was Leon). Any help would be much appreciated. With kind regards, Mary

Hello Mary,

May I be the first to welcome you to the War Relics Forum, with regards to your question on who was the recipient of the MCC Nr: 15035 when awarded the recipients details were as follows:

Surname : Kozłowski

Christian Name : PIOTR (Peter)

Date of Birth : 1898

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags ) : 1898-208-III

Unit : 5th Kresowa Infantry Division Head Quarters Staff.

Mary I have also been able to find a little more information on your Grandfather Piotr, the problem being that there are 2 named Piotr both born in 1898. Do you by chance happen to know the Christian Name of your Great Grandfather was it either Boleslaw or Stanislaw.

If you can let me know which one I will be able to provide you with a little bit more information.

Once again Welcome Mary,

Best wishes & Easter Greetings

Andrzej

?

Hi Andrzejku98,

Can you find things out from just a army number or do I have to have the Monté Cassino cross number?

I am trying to find out things about my uncle now (Leon Pilipczuk brother) and apparently he went to Italy too! I am awaiting army papers but believe his army number to be 30061743
    Kind regards,
    Tessa pilipczuk

Hello Tessa,

Many thanks for your post, the Number that you you have posted 30061743 would have been His Polish Resettlement Corps Number this would have been put inside the front of His AB64. After he came to the UK in 1946/1947 from Italy, but before he was discharged from the Armed Forces.

Unfortunately I can not help you this time, but please let us know how you get on and my I ask did you request copies of his Polish Service Records.

Best Wishes & Easter Greetings

Andrzej

?

Dear Andrezej,

I've just seen how quickly you replied to my enquiry. Thank you so very much, I am very grateful for this information. I hope you're having a happy Easter.

I'm just starting to collect as much info together as I can on my ancestry so that I may write it up for future generations. I have been told that my grandfather Piotr was born in 1893 (he died here in the UK before I was born), his father was called January and that he died cira 1923 in Smorgonie. Therefore, I'm not sure whether Boleslaw or Stanislaw are related to Grandfather Piotr in any way or whether my information is incorrect. (My father was born in Jelaha, Smorgonie and I believe that is also where Grandfather Piotr was born but I have yet to confirm this.)

With very best wishes and, again, many grateful thanks,
    Mary

Hello Mary,

Many thanks for your reply, I have checked the Register of Recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross, just in case in my haste I had misread your Grandfathers Date of Birth, but it is 1898.

Therefore with your update Mary I have also checked the Index of Victims of Soviet Repression which lists Piotr Kozlowski born in 1893 the son of January who was arrested by the NKVD in Wilejska in 1940. Unfortunately there was no further information.

The only other piece of information that I was able to glean from the internet was the death in the 4th Quarter of 1960 (Oct, Nov, Dec) of Piotr Kozłowski born in 1893 aged 67 died in Swindon, Wiltshire, Volume 7c page 642.

Mary do you by chance have any of your Grandfathers documentation from His service in the Polish 2nd Corps, either His AB64, ID Tags or Legitymacja (Authorisation) Cards for his 2nd Corps Badge or His Medal Wojsko (Army Medal) etc.

Otherwise the only way of obtaining your Grandfathers Service Record would be to obtain it from the British M-o-D (Ministry of Defence) who charge £30.00p and you would have to supply your Grandfathers and Grandmothers Death Certificates and if your Father is still alive His Birth Certificate.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

A few more items found on the wonder that is the Internet :

Monte Cassino cross

ID Card for Siostra Halina Wyrzykowska

Monte Cassino cross

Legitymacja for SKZzM

Monte Cassino cross

KW Legitymacja St Sierzant Jan Zwierzchowski

Monte Cassino cross

BKZzM Legitymacja St Sierzant Jan Zwierzchowski

Monte Cassino cross

St. Sierzant Jan Zwierzchowski after receiving the KW and BKZzM in Italy

That's all for now

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Andrzej

What information is there on the owner of Cross number 45263?

Best Regards
    Chris.....

Page 96 of 535 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 106 146 196 ... LastLast