Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 97 of 535 FirstFirst ... 47 87 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 107 147 197 ... LastLast

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Hello Chris,

Many thanks for your post with regards to the Recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 45263 at the time of the award His details were as follows:

Rank ; Sierzant (Sergeant)

Surname : PRZENICZNY

Christian Name : Stanisław

Date of Birth : 1910

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1910-84-III

Unit : 29 Kompania Samoch ( 29th Ambulance Company)

I have also been able to glean the following information from the internet :

1) London Gazette Issue Nr : 42136, Page : 6105, Published on the 6th September 1960, Przeniczny Stanisław, Poland, Driller (Iron Ore Mine), 6 St. Lawrence Place, Ashby, Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire, 15th July 1960. (British Citizenship granted).

2) Stanislaw Wojciech Przeniczny Born : 23rd March 1910 died in October 1987 aged 77, death Registered in Scunthorpe and Barton-Upon-Humber, Lincolnshire, Volume 7, Page 1181.

3) After searching the index of victims of soviet repression for Przeniczny with no luck I searched with just his Christian Name and date of birth and found the following listed under PSZENICZNY

Pszeniczny Stanisław, Son of Wojciech, Born 1910, Arrested by the NKVD on the 17th September 1939 at Skierczyniec and joined the Anders Army at Tatiszczewo on the 3rd September 1941. These records show that he was either a pre war Regular or a Reservist.

That is all that I could find for you Chris,

I sincerely hope that it is of some use and help to you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p,s, My bill is in the post

Hello Everyone,

I have just noticed this MCC for sale on Allegro.pl

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

MCC Numbered 23984 was awarded to :

Surname : KOCIK

Christian Name : Stanislaw

Fathers Name : Piotr

Date of Birth : 1903

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1903-128-III

Unit : z 15 Pulku Ulanow Poznanskich (15th Poznan Lancers Regiment)

Stanislaw was either a Pre War Regular or Reservist captured on the 20th September 1939 in Wlodzimierz and joined the Anders Army at Tockoje on the 2nd September 1941.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Chris,

Many thanks for your post with regards to the Recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 45263 at the time of the award His details were as follows:

Rank ; Sierzant (Sergeant)

Surname : PRZENICZNY

Christian Name : Stanisław
    Thanks again Andrzej !

?

*I am researching two Monte Cassino veterans who also served in the 11th Signals Battalion. My stepfather's father (Cpl Wladyslaw Rittaler) and my stepfather's maternal grandfather or uncle (st.szer Joseph Puk). We are unsure of which familial relation as she never spoke of him, and my dad doesn't remember him. We do know that Puk is her maiden name, and on an occaision when I was home on leave from my time in the army, Walter told me about how he met his wife. They were in England after the end of the war, one of his mates asked him to go to the airport and meet his daughter as he was on duty. Walter met her plane and they were together until he passed in 1996. She still refuses to speak of her father, or anything from the war years. I remember Walter being very proud of his army days. He had all of his medals framed on his wall. Although they have gone missing since he passed. I made some photos of his photos back in the 1980's. When I find them, I hope they will give me some more clues. If anyone can steer me in the right direction to find out more, I welcome the help. ~scott*

- - ------- - -

*I am researching two Monte Cassino veterans who also served in the 11th Signals Battalion. My stepfather's father (Cpl Wladyslaw Rittaler) and my stepfather's maternal grandfather or uncle (st.szer Joseph Puk). We are unsure of which familial relation as she never spoke of him, and my dad doesn't remember him. We do know that Puk is her maiden name, and on an occaision when I was home on leave from my time in the army, Walter told me about how he met his wife. They were in England after the end of the war, one of his mates asked him to go to the airport and meet his daughter as he was on duty. Walter met her plane and they were together until he passed in 1996. She still refuses to speak of her father, or anything from the war years. I remember Walter being very proud of his army days. He had all of his medals framed on his wall. Although they have gone missing since he passed. I made some photos of his photos back in the 1980's. When I find them, I hope they will give me some more clues. If anyone can steer me in the right direction to find out more, I welcome the help. ~scott*

Hello Scott,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, I have been able to find the following information for you both were awarded the Monte Cassino Cross their details are as follows when awarded :

1) Wladyslaw RITTALER

Date of Birth : 1912

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags ) : 1912-65-III

MCC Nr : 40867

Unit : 11 Baon Lacznosci (11th Signals Battalion, 2 Polish Corps).

2) JOZEF PUK

Date of Birth : 1902

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1902-85-III

MCC Nr : 41045

Unit : 11 Baon Lacznosci (11th Signals Battalion)

After the end of the war Wladyslaw came to the UK and married Maria Puk in Northwich, Cheshire in 1st Quarter of 1948 (Volume 10a, Page 997)

Scott, would I also be correct in saying that Jozef Puk came to the UK and married Maria Golenia in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, in the 3rd Quarter of 1958 (Volume 3b, Page 1807).

Jozef Puk died in 1963 in Peterborough, Huntingdonshire, 4th Quarter of 1963 aged 60. (Volume 3b, Page 601).

Scott that is all that I have been able to find for you, I sincerely hope that it is of some use and help to you.

Best wishes & once again Welcome to the forum

Andrzej

?

I apologize for the double post. Not sure how I did that. I have found the copies of Walter's photos. There are images of Walter, Joseph, Gen Sikorski, Gen Anders, and a few group shots. In one Walter is on a motorcycle coming at the camera, with a soldier on the back, and another pair right alongside him. One is in front of the sphinx. I will try to get them scanned, and posted.

?

Wow! You are the magician other posters claim you are! My dad and I are super excited, thank you so much!!!

Scott,

Many thanks for your reply and comments you are most welcome.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hi Andrzej

Was wondering if you could work your magic, just received this one in the post today and have no details other than it was awarded to 5th Signals Battalion and is numbered 26,183.

Kind regards
    Stefan

Monte Cassino crossMonte Cassino cross

Hello Stefan,

Many thanks for your post and on acquiring your new addition with regards to the recipient of the MCC Nr : 26183, I had provided this to Armiapolski in a previous post, but I am now able to provide a little more information on the recipient:

Surname : Hęcka

Christian Name : Zdzislaw

Date of Birth : 7th April 1913

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1913-38-III

Unit : z 5 Baonu Lacznosci (5th Signals Bn, 5KDP)

Zdzislaw Hęcka died on the 18th May 1984 and is buried in the Parish Cemetery in Szamotuly.

That is all that I have been able to glean for you Stefan, I sincerely hope that it is of some use and help to you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. I could not find him listed on index of victims of soviet repression.

Page 97 of 535 FirstFirst ... 47 87 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 107 147 197 ... LastLast