Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 536 of 536 FirstFirst ... 36 436 486 526 532 533 534 535 536
Results 5,351 to 5,356 of 5356

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

How strange, my grandmother's surname was Piotrowicz, Maria Piotrowicz, did she change her name at some point?
    My grandfather is correct, Jan Kawecki

Jan Kawecki died on September 8, 1978, I never met him
    My grandmother died on July 9, 2006

Monte Cassino cross

Interestingly, my grandfather's certificate is not handwritten like the certificates you guys post here.

Hello HoraMax

I naturally thought it was your Grandmothers maiden name, I have checked my list and cannot find any Piotrowicz amongst the Medical units.

A mystery ? .

The Legitymacja is correct, some units were typed many were handwritten.

Regards Kevin

Thanks for the information, I'll research more about it.

I think about the possibility that my grandmother was married during the war, perhaps Perdek was her married name.
    There is a document that says my grandfather was a widower.
    I also take into account that during this battle of Monte Cassino my grandmother was already 33 years old and my grandfather was 43, they were not young.

My grandparents said almost nothing about the war or their lives. They lost everything in the war, my grandmother lost all her friends and family, she spent decades looking for information from someone she knew but never found anyone.

So basically they started their lives over in another country and must have decided to leave the past in the past.

My grandmother kept many documents from my grandfather, I have documents from him during the war, his baptism certificate, university diploma... but I have nothing from my grandmother.
    As she lived until she was 94 years old and at the end of her life she had dementia, suddenly at some point she decided to throw away her old things, but kept documents related to my grandfather.

I didn't know the information you gave about the name of the medal and that's good because now I have new information to research, thank you.

I'm also interested in researching about the 'Katyn massacre', since my grandfather was arrested by the Soviet army in 1940 until 1942. And on the 'Katyn massacre' list there are several people with the same surname as me, and I'm curious to know if they could be a relative.
    But I don't know where to look for this...

Thank you

Hello HoraMax

All the best with your future research on your family history. If you do get an answer to your Grandmothers name I for one will be interested to know.

Regards Kevin

Hello All

An interesting weekend regarding the auction houses,

Up first is a group for sale on a popular Polish auction site.

MCC 40636 was awarded to : szer Stefan Jacyszyn. 1908/43/III. 11 Baon Lacznosci. 11th Signals Battalion.

Interestingly they do not have the original cross and are offering a blank (copy?) replacement.

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

At least the documents look original.

Regards Kevin

The second is up for sale on a popular auction site.

MCC 19200. Awarded to : strz. Wladyslaw Zdanowicz. 1920/69/III. 17 Lwowski Baonu Strzelcow.

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

The medals come with printed copies from PISM for the awards.

Regards Kevin