Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Monte Cassino Cross Info

Article about: Hi, could anyone help me with info on these 2. cross numbers please ? 44248 & 11172 Many thanks. Steve

Default Monte Cassino Cross Info

Hi, could anyone help me with info on these 2. cross numbers please ? 44248 & 11172 Many thanks. Steve

Hi Steve,

Andrzejku, the holder of the award list, is presently away on vacation for a couple of weeks. You will need to await his return for a reply to your question.

Cheers, Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default Cassino Cross

Hi Tony, thanks for the reply and sorry ive not got back to you sooner. I look forward to finding out who the 2. crosses were awarded to, I guess he should be back from vacation anytime soon. Thanks Steve

Hello Steve,

Many thanks for your post, I have just arrived back after a 15 Day break with no internet at all, it was fantastic !

With regards to the recipients of the 2 MCC, their details are as follows:

MCC 44248 was awarded to :

Surname : PUTZMAN

Christian Name : Stanislaw

Date of Birth : 1909

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1909-75-III

Unit 21st Transport Company

MCC 11172 was awarded to :

Surname : RUCZKOWSKI

Christian Name : ROMUALD

Date of Birth : 1925

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1925-7-III

Unit : 5BSK (5th Carpathian Rifle Battalion, 2nd Carpathian Rifle Brigade)

By the wars end he had been awarded the KW.

I have found a Romuald Jerzy Ruczkowski who married a Maie Paterson in Derby in 1957, he died in Derby in 1986 and his wife remarried a Malcolm Weild.

That's all that I could find for you on these two recipients, I hope that it helps you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hi Andrzej, hope you enjoyed your break. Straight back into it when you got back I see, thanks again for your superb reply with all the details. Many thanks Steve