Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Monte Cassino Medal 43261

Article about: Is there anyone that can help identify who might have received this Monte Cassino medal? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

chuksgrl
    ?

Default Monte Cassino Medal 43261

Monte Cassino Medal 43261Monte Cassino Medal 43261

Is there anyone that can help identify who might have received this Monte Cassino medal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Hello Chuksgrl,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, the correct title for the item you have shown is "Odznaka Pamiatkowa Krzyz Pamiatkowy Monte Cassino" in English "The Commemorative Cross of Monte Cassino". The cross was instituted by order of the Commander in Chief of the Polish Armed Forces on the 20th November 1944. This particular cross numbered 43261 when awarded the recipients details where as follows:

Surname : KOROLCZUK

Christian Name : FRANCISZEK

Date of Birth : 1911

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1911-235-III

Unit : 31 Kompania Sanitarna (31st Medical Company)

Cross Awarded Numbered : 43261

I have also checked the index of victims of soviet repression, but he was not listed, I did find a death listed in 1982 at Newton Abbott in Devon for a Franciszek Korolczuk born in 1911. So if this is a family piece or you purchased it in the UK he is more than like your man.

I sincerely hope that the above information is of some use and help to you

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. my bill is in the post.

jankesns
    ?

Default need veryfication

Hello
    First of all many thanks for your respodn.
    I have opportunity to buy monte cassino cross with this number but I don't know if it's real or fake.

1. is it original
    2. is it worth 100 pounds
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino Medal 43261  

Hi,
    I'm looking for information about my family, in particular about my grandfather's brother who was at Monte Cassino with the army of General Anders. He could never go back home because the communist government would put him in prison, so he rest of his live spent in UK. He died in 1970s, and my family had no information where his grave is.
    I accidentally found this forum and thread where are photos of Monte Cassino Medal 43261 that probably belonged to him.
    So, chuksgrl could you tell me more about this cross?