Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Monte Cassino Medal

Article about: Hi all, I have acquired my grandfathers medals from WW2 and i'd really like to piece together his movements during the war, and also who he served with. There are 9 medals in total, and from

damonrataj
    ?

Default Monte Cassino Medal

Hi all,

I have acquired my grandfathers medals from WW2 and i'd really like to piece together his movements during the war, and also who he served with.

There are 9 medals in total, and from the quick research i've carried out they are as follows; WW2 Exile Cross of Valour, Military Cross of the Polish Armed Forces in the West, with the Tobruk, Monte Cassino, Ankona, and Bolonia clasps, Battle of Monte Cassino Cross, Tobruk Siege Medal, Defence Medal, War Medal, Italy Star, Africa Star, and the 1939-1945 Star.

I was informed by a workmate that someone on this forum was able to provide some information just by using the number on the Monte Cassino Cross, the number I have is 10780.

If anyone could help i'd be most appreciative.

Thanks

Damon Rataj

Default Re: Monte Cassino Medal

From experience, I would recommend contacting the Ministry of Defence, Polish department. They will ask you to fill out a form or two and then after a 2 month plus wait, they should give you your Grandfathers military records. These should contain his whereabouts during the war.