Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need opinion for Montecassino Cross

Article about: Hi gentleman, I found this Montecassino Cross, what do you think about it? I know that the ribbon is transformed, not the norml one, but...if it´s good, what will be a fair price? Thanks a l

Default Need opinion for Montecassino Cross

Hi gentleman,
    I found this Montecassino Cross, what do you think about it?

I know that the ribbon is transformed, not the norml one, but...if it´s good, what will be a fair price?

Thanks a lot!

Hi again!
    My doubts are the "white" numbers and that the line under numbers is really thin and can´t see properly. But numbers looks legit for me.
    What can you say about it?

Hello Tomahawk,

Your Monte Cassino Cross has been given a good clean removing the original dark oxidised bronze (Krzysztof Barbarski, description of the cross in the book Polonia Restituta). It is also not one of the 3 numbers of copies that have flooded the market those being 12397, 36430, 48930.

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 12285 was awarded to Strz Jarolsaw Swistel born 1907, Army Number (also found on his ID Tags) 1907-60-III, Unit: 13 Komp.Z.i.T., 3DSK.

It is hard to see the lines under the numbers from your photographs, the white numbers might be that when the medal was cleaned they did not remove what ever they cleaned it with leaving a residue.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Thank you very much Andrzejku!
    I´m glad that the medal is good and you have information about the owner of it´s owner, it´s great to know who won it.
    Now time to learn more about that unit :-)
    About the lines, in bigger size pictures it can be seen, but really slightly.
    When I get it I will take pictures and upload them in the correct post.
    Thanks again!!!
    Best,
    Daniel