Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New Book: The Polish Army Rogatywka Visor Hat 1919-49

Article about: I am pleased to announce that the long awaited definitive collectors handbook on the iconic 4-cornered Polish Army visor hat, the Rogatywka, is well underway. The author, Robert Kolberg, is

Default New Book: The Polish Army Rogatywka Visor Hat 1919-49

I am pleased to announce that the long awaited definitive collectors handbook on the iconic 4-cornered Polish Army visor hat, the Rogatywka, is well underway. The author, Robert Kolberg, is presently scouring museums and collections in Poland to find the best surviving examples of pre-war, exile period and post war rogatywki along with any and all associated materials and ephemera to provide a thorough and comprehensive study on the topic. He invites forum members and collectors to contribute examples from their collections for possible inclusion:

Quote by Robert Kolberg View Post
    Zbieram materiały do książki o "Rogatywce Wojskowej 1919-49 " . Jeżeli ktoś by chciał pomoc i ma coś ciekawego :........ nietypowe znakowanie daszka , rogatywki , potnika , reklamę zakładu czapniczego , zdjęcie zakładu czapniczego, rachunek zakupu rogatywki to proszę o kontakt .

W tej chwili jestem w Polsce i robię kwerendę w Muzeach żeby dotrzeć do jak największej ilości czapek i materiałów na ten temat.

Proszę o kontakt ze mną lub Antosiem Zawadzkim .
    Pozdrawiam
    Robert Kolberg
    Translated:

I am presently collecting materials for a book devoted to the "Army Rogatywka 1919-49". Anyone wishing to assist by contributing interesting examples from their collection that may have non-typically marked visors, hats, sweat bands and also period advertisements, photos of hat maker facilities, purchase receipts, etc. please contact me.

At the moment I am in Poland researching and visiting museums in order to gather as many examples of caps and materials on this topic as I can locate.

Please contact myself or Tony Zawadzki.

Best Regards,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Book:  The Polish Army Rogatywka Visor Hat 1919-49  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Sound like a book to look forward to it!!
    Is it already known in wich languages this book will come?

Regards,
    Pieter.

Hello Pieter, Polish and English text.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank you for the information Tony;
    this one comes on the future- book- purchase- list.

Regards, Pieter.