Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Żołnierze 3 Dywizji Strzelców Karpackich

Article about: I found recently some information on a soldier of the 3 Dywizji Strzelców Karpackich that has a surname of extreme rarity in Poland which im doing a family historical research for. Im wonder

Default Żołnierze 3 Dywizji Strzelców Karpackich

I found recently some information on a soldier of the 3 Dywizji Strzelców Karpackich that has a surname of extreme rarity in Poland which im doing a family historical research for.

Im wondering what avenues there are to take in finding out more about a particular soldier and if records are available from the Polish Army in the West archives in the uk.

SAŁAGAJ Alim - - 19231787 strz. 7. bn.

Janusz Stankiewicz. Genealogia, przodkowie, badania genealogiczne, forum dyskusyjne

As only 96 people exist in Poland today with this name im working on the idea that any one with this name is worth finding out more about..... Also could Alim be an abbriviation, becuase i have no idea what sort of name that is..... Sort of Tartar or caucasus souding

?

Default Re: Żołnierze 3 Dywizji Strzelców Karpackich

The records are still available ! ... BUT only through direct relatives applying.

The 3DSK records seem to be more grounded, with a "Zeyst Ewidencyjny" which runs into 20 pages plus, and a "Karta" a summary sheet on a single double sided card for each soldier.

Gary J.

What if you are not sure if is a relative or not? Im trying to really just desciced wether he fits into the area of where there Sałagaj surname is found as its such a rare name..... I suppose without being a prooved relative this would not be easy

?

The difficulty lies with proof of identity.
    The MOD will not release personal records of the Poles unless requested by living "next of kin" ...
    Proof of Death of subject (Death Certificate), proof of relationship to subject, and a request form have to be supplied before the request is even considered.

I'm not sure though if a direct question might be answered, .. possibly not.

You could try .... via the following ...

Polish Records
    Royal Navy and Army:
    Polish Correspondence Section
    Room 28B
    RAF Northolt
    West End Road
    Ruislip
    Middlesex
    HA4 6NG

Email: polishastdisoff@northolt.raf.mod.uk

Email: polishdisoff@northolt.raf.mod.uk

But don't hold your breath on this one ..

Regards

Gary J.