MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Officer of the 1rst pol arm div

Article about: Hello, I present a newly mounted while model. After years of collection showcases and bust, that made me want to change the way to see collection. In short, I refocused my collection, separa

Default Officer of the 1rst pol arm div

Hello,
    I present a newly mounted while model.
    After years of collection showcases and bust, that made me want to change the way to see collection.
    In short, I refocused my collection, separating myself passing my showcases, but also a part of my collection. And yes, you have to budget all that ...
    So the first model : it is a captain of the Divisional Staff company or of Staff of the 10th Armored Brigade of the 1st Polish DB. The collar tabs are identical to those two companies.
    The jacket is manufactured in Canada. It includes black left shoulder, typical of the 1st Polish DB, stars rank concurrently worn on both shoulders, the collar tabs, the titles POLAND and divisional insignia on the left sleeve.
    The helmet is a model for British armored troops, but provided with the Polish eagle yellow painted stencil. This piece comes from Elbeuf sector (Normandy).
    The equipment consists of a pair of headphones, a microphone, a pair of gloves, dust goggles (French-made, as is seen on some vintage shots in Normandy), along holster tanker, a holster pouch contains the Webley (the Webeley is a copy). The binocular case is a little too much, I will retire and will replace the card holder tank driver but is still waiting ...
    Thank you to Tony, from this forum, for is point of vue before posting.

Best regards. .
    ZP

ZP, Thank you for sharing this outstanding pics. Well displayed. Great!!

Kind Regards
    Alex

To echo Alex’s comments, very well done and realistic, all the more so as all components are genuine. Nice work Stephane! Thanks you for sharing this with us.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Fantastic model Stephane !!
    Also a very nice face, is this manual changed or was the model Original like that?

Also very intresting to hear that the BD Jacket is manufactured in Canada;
    because in the beginning of the week, i discussed with a collector of Englisch ww2 items, about the fact if it was possible that Polish soldiers received
    Canadian-made BD trousers during the war... For me personal was this possible, but he said it was not possible..
    probably because he saw no evidence of it...

Anyway, fantastic job !!
    Rgrds, Pieter.

Hello,
    Thank you for your messages.
    Canadian battledress used by Polish ? I know 3 BD from 1rst pol arm div with a canadian battledress... 24th Lancers, 10th PSK and mine...
    The model was modified by painter (artist). Of course, it is rather expensive, but I prefer to make less models, but unique with the painting of the faces.
    Cheers.
    ZP

Quote by Pieter1942 View Post
    . . . Also very intresting to hear that the BD Jacket is manufactured in Canada;
    because in the beginning of the week, i discussed with a collector of Englisch ww2 items, about the fact if it was possible that Polish soldiers received Canadian-made BD trousers during the war... For me personal was this possible, but he said it was not possible.. probably because he saw no evidence of it...
    If Canadian made BD blouses were issued to Poles then it seems entirely reasonable to expect that Canadian made trousers were also. Moreover, the image conscious Poles would likely have preferred that matching trousers came along with the blouse as the colour shade of the Canadian serge differed from BD uniforms made in the UK and other commonwealth nations.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne