Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

original ww2 british made polish battle dress?

Article about: Hi, I've found this recently. The battle dress looks original. I was wondering if the polish insígnia is original tio and correct. Not added afterwards. By the way... how much it would worth

Default original ww2 british made polish battle dress?

Hi,
    I've found this recently.
    The battle dress looks original.
    I was wondering if the polish insígnia is original tio and correct. Not added afterwards.
    By the way... how much it would worth?
    Regards

Fabio
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture original ww2 british made polish battle dress?   original ww2 british made polish battle dress?  

original ww2 british made polish battle dress?   original ww2 british made polish battle dress?  

original ww2 british made polish battle dress?   original ww2 british made polish battle dress?  

Hi Fabio,

The BD looks fabio . I like the custom tailored open collar and shoulder pads. It likely once served as a ‘best / walking out’ tunic. The 5the Kresowa (Borderlands) Infantry Division insignia is a product of Tietz, Tel Aviv and period correct. As to when it was applied is impossible to say, but it does not appear freshly stitched on. As you likely know, with a “Best BD” there was typically more cloth insignia such as Poland shoulder titles, with the 8th Army shield located below on right and possibly the 2nd corps “mermaid” on the left sleeve, collar point tabs for some units, etc. You may also find holes on the left breast pocket and above the pocket where badges once resided. Is there visible evidence of any of this?

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Was this kind/model of uniform also used by the polish soldiers who participated on the Battle for Monte Cassino? Is the period correct? Since it is stripped from all the insignia and decorations, i was thinking of buying it and complete it with original medal bars, patches and insignias for display of Monte Cassino Battle. The time period seams to be correct (it is dated 1944). Any opinion would be welcome.

Other opinions would be appreciated.
    Regards