Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Plakat/posters from WWII

Article about: by Piwo2 . . .The Polish poster book was printed in very limited supplies. I had to pay dearly to get one from Poland. If you ever see one grab it.Does anyone know if it is being reprinted?

?

Default Plakat/posters from WWII

Here are four posters used to promote Allied cooperation.

PiwoPlakat/posters from WWIIPlakat/posters from WWIIPlakat/posters from WWII

Default Re: Plakat/posters from WWII

Nice ones Piwo.

Here's a classic Benda image. One of my favorites.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Plakat/posters from WWII  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by Piwo2 View Post
    Here are four posters used to promote Allied cooperation.
    Were there any posters that illustrated/promoted Polish co-operation with her Soviet Allies or with just Britain and USA?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Were there any posters that illustrated/promoted Polish co-operation with her Soviet Allies or with just Britain and USA?
    Here is a scan of a book: " Katalog Polskiego Plakatu Wojskowego" It was printed in 2002 in Warsaw and features 322 different military posters beginning about 1917 and going until 1989. There are no posters that promote Polish co-operation with Soviets in this book, however there are plenty of communist Polish posters featuring "soviet allies". One could assume that if any posters existed on that theme they would be featured in this book.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Plakat/posters from WWII   Plakat/posters from WWII  

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Yes, there were lots of WW2 porpagandist posters showing Polish and Soviet soldiers together. They were printed by the communists, not by the Polish Forces in the West, of course. Examples you may find in the book Poland first to fight. The Catalogue of the Polish Military Poster, Warsaw 2002. It covers Polish military posters since the Great War, including those you're looking for. The book was published by the Ministery of Defence for a promotional purpose. I guess there's also a Polish edition.

Regards,
    Tom

Here is a copy of my poster with 2 stamps "Poland First to Fight".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Plakat/posters from WWII  

Quote by Itakdalej View Post
    Here is a scan of a book: " Katalog Polskiego Plakatu Wojskowego" It was printed in 2002 in Warsaw and features 322 different military posters beginning about 1917 and going until 1989. There are no posters that promote Polish co-operation with Soviets in this book, however there are plenty of communist Polish posters featuring "soviet allies". One could assume that if any posters existed on that theme they would be featured in this book.
    We're writing about the same book at the same momment. Fancy that!
    I think that showing Polish and Soviet soldiers together on several posters is a promotion of Polish-Soviet co-operation.

Regards,
    Tom

?

POLAND First to Fight

by Marek Zulawski

This is an iconic image from early wartime posters. The US was not in the war and it was used extensively in the West to promote and remind the rest of the world what was going on.

The original posters are printed on a very poor grade of paper.very similar to newspaper stock They will also be found with stamps on them identifying the source as:

The Polish Information Bureau
    New York, New York

The one I have in my collection has it printed on face of it in the lower left corner. I have also seen it on the back. They also printed postage stamp versions of the poster. You received the stamps when you made a donation to the Polish Relief Fund, much like Esater Seals.

In 1999, on the 60th anniversary of the outbreak of WWII in reproduced the poster for the Polish Museum of America in Chicago, IL. So the Mueum could remind the world and help raise some funds.

I had it professionally copied and printed on archival stock with a four color press.
    I contacted Marek Zulawksi's widow in London to explain why I was doing it. She was very pleased to learn that her husbands work was being remembered.

Should anyone wish to buy one it is $10 plus $5 shipping anywhere in the US. Overseas would be more.

As a side note, I have one signed by Lech Walsea. He was visiting the US and had a speaking engagement in Cleveland , Ohio . I was fortunate to have him autograph that poster and an original Solidarnosc poster, the one with image of Gary Cooper on it from High Noon with a WYBORY rather then a gun in his hand. W SAMO POLUDNIE 4 CZERWCA 1989

The Polish poster book was printed in very limited supplies. I had to pay dearly to get one from Poland. If you ever see one grab it.Does anyone know if it is being reprinted?

cheers,
    Piwo

Plakat/posters from WWII

?

Two wonderfully detailed Polish/Canadian & British posters looking for volunteers.

Piwo

Plakat/posters from WWIIPlakat/posters from WWIIPlakat/posters from WWIIPlakat/posters from WWII

Piwo, would you explain the reference to Canada please. Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast