Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please help me - photo identification and information

Article about: Witaj. Jestem nowym członkiem forum. Proszę zidentyfikować mundur. Mamy zdjęcie od rodziny z Polski. Mam również informacje z Ministerstwa Obrony na temat przebiegu służby wojskowej.

?

Default Please help me - photo identification and information

Witaj.

Jestem nowym członkiem forum.
    Proszę zidentyfikować mundur. Mamy zdjęcie od rodziny z Polski. Mam również informacje z Ministerstwa Obrony na temat przebiegu służby wojskowej. Czy ktoś może mi podać informacje, gdzie znaleźć listy nazw 2 Batalionu Motorowego itp.

Będę wdzięczny za pomoc. Pozdrawiam Ania

Please help me - photo identification and informationPlease help me - photo identification and information

Hello Ania,

Mundur 2 Batalionu Komandosów Zmotoryzowanych. Charakterystyczny dla komandosów zielony beret z orzełkiem nad lewym okiem - w ten zawadiacki sposób berety nosili polscy komandosi. Ponadto na rękawach prawego i lewego ramienia widać naszywki "COMMANDO" i odznaki rozpoznawcze 2 BKZ.

Więcej informacji o oddziale tego żołnierza znajdziesz w archiwach na stronie Instytutu Polskiego i Muzeum Sikorskiego: http://www.pism.co.uk/
    Znajdziesz tam kroniki i dzienniki bojowe 2 Batalionu Komandosów Zmotoryzowanych: http://www.pism.co.uk/page3_documents.htm

Regards
    Konrad

?

Thank you very much for this information. Can you tell me something more about your father's military service? is it possible to find my father's original documents at the Sikorski Institute or some other institution. Greetings Ania

The link you provided does not work.

Please help me - photo identification and informationPlease help me - photo identification and information

Hello Ania,

In fact the website of the PISM has been down for several days, they may be doing some technical work.

There is the Chronicle and Battle Log of the 2nd Polish Commando (Motor Battalion). When the site is up, you can look there for some mention of your father.

You can write to the PISM, they will charge you payment in advance £25.00p for a 2 hour search with no guarantee of finding anything and the reply might take up to 6 months.

Regards
    Konrad

TMZ
    ?

Hi Ania,

that document you have a copy of from the MOD is just a summary of your father's military record. If you ask, the MOD should be able to send you a copy of the full original documents (written in Polish and for a small fee).

?

Hi.
    Awesome news. Once again, thank you very much.

Hello Ania,

Hope that the following link helps, the Fee is £30.00p

Get a copy of military service records: Apply for the records of someone who's deceased - GOV.UK

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Thank you very much for your help. Greetings Ania

Hello Ania,

The IPMS website is now working. So I have looked through the Chronicle of the 2nd Motorised Commando Battalion and the War Diary of the 1st Company of 2 Motorised Commando Battalion and unfortunately I have found no mention regarding your father - szer. Paweł Kluczkiewicz. So he probably enlisted with another Company as the 2nd Motorised Commando Battalion consisted of a total of five companies:

1) Command Company,
    2) Support Company,
    3) 1st Company,
    4) 2nd Company,
    5) 3rd Company.

Below I have inserted a short scrap the Chronicle of the 2nd Motorised Commando Battalion from the time when your father enlisted to the Battalion. In that time the Battalion stationed in a seaside town of Porto Civitanova. There is a mention of new arrivals privates:

Porto Civitanova, Italy, 4th September and 15th September 1945

Regards
    Konrad

?

Hello.

Thank you for the diary. Everything is correct even September 5, 1945.
    Will I find a list of names somewhere?

He enlisted with the Polish Forces
    under British command in Italy on 05.09.1945. Posted to 2 Motor Battalion (commando), 2 Warszawa Armoured
    Division, 2 Polish Corps, 8 British Army. Served in Italy 1945-46 when together with the 2 Polish Corps
    was transffered to the UK. Due to a gradual demobilisation of the Polish Forces under British command was
    enlisted in the Polish Resettlement Corps (PRC) on 02.12.1946 - served in the UK until finally discharge on
    completion of his two years contract with the PRC on 01.12 1948.

Regards Ania

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast