Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Poland Army Medal for War 1939-1945

Article about: Hi Everyone, I also think that it is time that the Number of vatiants of the Army Medal are listed and I would ask any member to post their variants below, I have been able to find the follo

In Dezember I must to go to Jerusalem and may be meet Kretchmer-son

Hello everybody!

Now at auction sold the medal, which is not like any one of those shown. What do you think about it?

Poland Army Medal for War 1939-1945 Poland Army Medal for War 1939-1945

An interesting version with variations from known genuine examples. Some of the less refined details along with surface finish (are those casting pits I see?) do have me leaning towards this being a reproduction rather than an officially sanctioned product. The question is raised, however, as to why anyone would want to create a new version of what is a common readily available medal?

While we’re at it, the version commonly known as the “Swiss” type (aka “Geneva” type) as shown in opening post #1 and my old post #2 is quite likely actually Italian made. There’s no extant proof (thus far) of its origin either way, but some collectors hold adamantly to an Italian origin.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Tony, thank you very much for your reply! Especially for the Italian version of a "Swiss" type awards.

Best regards, Sergei.

Default Order & Medals Research Society Article

With the kind permission of the author Tony Leszczuk, here's a most interesting article from the current Order & Medals Research Society periodical. It's always exciting when new information is presented to the collecting world. Please click on each photo for a magnified view. Enjoy!:

Thank you Mr. Lesczuk for your research efforts and for freely sharing it with us. .

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Great article, nice to see such articles written on Polish awards

However I have also seen many groups with both the Polish and British war medal being awarded to one individual.

Here are some photos with the paperwork for both medals in one group, this was all a lot sold in a Polish Antique shop.

Do other members have groups with paperwork for both medals?

Nick

Poland Army Medal for War 1939-1945Poland Army Medal for War 1939-1945Poland Army Medal for War 1939-1945

Quote by cichociemny View Post
    . . . Do other members have groups with paperwork for both medals?
    I do, and have posted here on this parallel thread covering this medal (post #5):

Polish Army Medal for War (Medal Wojska za Wojne) 1939-45

Cheers,
    Tony

Hello Everyone.

I finally found the photograph that I took back in the 1980's in the Józef Piłsudski Institute in London the only time that I have seen this particular design of the Army Medal

The Crowned Eagle holding a bayonet

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. to enlarge the photo double click to open in a new page.

?

Hello Everyone
    The Army Medal & MCC- one bought this year;with my collection.
    Best wishes
    Artur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Poland Army Medal for War 1939-1945   Poland Army Medal for War 1939-1945  

?

Default which type is this Polish Army medal?

Hi everyone,
    I also have a Polish Army medal, but which manufacturer? And copy or the real thing?
    Cheers
    Sampo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast