Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Polish 1st Amoured SD tunic

Article about: Here was the name written on the service dress : Ze-Pole

ccj
    ?

Default Polish 1st Amoured SD tunic

Heres a Sergeant Cadet Service Dress tunic for the 1st AD.

Opinions welcome...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish 1st Amoured SD tunic   Polish 1st Amoured SD tunic  

Polish 1st Amoured SD tunic   Polish 1st Amoured SD tunic  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish 1st Amoured SD tunic  Polish 1st Amoured SD tunic 

Default Re: Polish 1st Amoured SD tunic

Hello!

Hmmmm... interesting. Surname on label is not polish.

Regards

ccj
    ?

I noticed the same. I'm not sure what to think about that other than I've seen Germanic names before. Maybe he was volksdeutsche.

Thanks,

Hello!

I don't believe that this jacket is genuine.

Collar tabs produced from this this material were used in 2nd Corps in Italy, i didn't see this in 1st Corps uniform. I think Antoni Zawadzki can take photo of his collar tabs on 1st Corps jacket

Trimming on shoulder straps are lightly speak... strange.

Volksdeutsche in jacket with polish buttons?! I don't believe....

Regards

3mk
    ?

Looks badged up, Do you have anypictures of how the black felt is sew on?Or did they completly rip out the the shoulder board?

I also agree with Michealmag about the rank tape, On all the examples Ive seen it was right on the edge.

ccj
    ?

I feel the same way. From my understanding the silver tape should have red edging.
    I think its a real tunic but I don't understand the shoulder boards.
    Tony should chime in soon!

I can only comment on the German sounding name with an anecdote about an old school friends Father and Uncle. They were born in Poland and drafted in the German Army and fought in Russia in winter '41. When they were later transfered to Italy in 1943 they both deserted to Polish 2nd Corps. I saw their photos and being young and foolish I only had one portrait photo copied back then of my friend's Dad in German uniform. There surname was not Polish.

Cheers, Ade.

It does have a weird look about it. Agreed, the shoulder straps are decidedly crude. The silver piping along the edge is correct, although silver banding should also be located at the cuffs. The infantry ‘pentagons’ don’t have a period look to them, but rather something added afterwards. It could be a tunic that has been modified by a veteran, or an outright fantasy creation. All I can really say is that I wouldn’t be in a hurry to add this one to my collection.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello,
    I had already seen this tunic... Sure it is the same... same name... but without the patch collars and with paratrropers' badge... it was proposed on eBay... I didn't try to get it when I saw it at this time...

Ze-Pole

3mk
    ?

Now theres no para badge...

Looks like people are adding and removing badges to add to value or split them to make selling easier.

I think the para badge also looks to new.

Regards
    Emil

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast