Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Polish 2nd Corps secret service post war

Article about: Does anybody know anything about the mysterious world of the Polish secret service post war. While researching for my book on the history of the Polish 2nd Corps I was told that that a membe

Default Polish 2nd Corps secret service post war

Does anybody know anything about the mysterious world of the Polish secret service post war. While researching for my book on the history of the Polish 2nd Corps I was told that that a member of the Polish 2nd Corps used to live on the very same street where I live (in a small rural community), not only that but he was employed by , so I was told, MI5. Anyway, he died 1998 and when his wife died his house and belongings was left to a couple that still live there. They have some interesting stories and equally interesting artifacts. When they first moved into his house, it had secure locking on all windows and they found various weapons secreted away.

I would recommend that you write to Eugenia Maresch at PUMST-SPP in London, I think she might be able to help you on this subject.

I have heard similar stories of exiled Poles were paranoid about being followed by "persons unknown" or of being "watched" so I am not surprised to hear of locked windows and secreted weapons. In some cases it was true.

In your book about 2PolCorps will you be looking at any plans Anders may have made for the 3rd World War he felt was imminent in the early post-war period? I have yet to see anything about this in print, although plans must have existed as Anders expended great effort to tell the west war with the USSR was on the near horizon.

There was also the extensive NSZ intelligence network running out of Regensburg post-war which Anders was in touch with of course but I am not sure if it acted independently of 2PolCorps or was officially part of Anders command. Regensburg and the NSZ network was the route Witold Pilecki and other "agents" of Anders were smuggled back into post-war Poland during the anti-communist resistance.

Anders contacts and collaboration with Franco's Spain after WWII must also have had an intelligence component, as would the Polish section of the CIA backed Radio Free Europe out of Munich.

However I am sure Eugenia Maresch will be able to help...good luck with the book
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.